Add to basket or enquire
Our SENCO - SEN Coordination course is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation ABC Awards, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The SENCO - SEN Coordination course is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Expand your knowledge of and skills in Special Educational Needs Coordination in our SENCO training course. After completing this course you’ll acquire a deeper knowledge and skills in relation to the role of the SENCO.
Working with special needs children as a Teaching Assistant can be quite challenging. Therefore, this SENCO - SEN Coordination Course is designed to educate you about promoting the learning and personal development of children and young people, who are vulnerable to underachievement through group work and working with parents. Moreover, you’ll understand how to provide support to children and younger people with learning, behavioural or physical difficulties.
Whether you want to work in a Special Educational Needs (SEN) school, or in a mainstream classroom, this SENCO - SEN Coordination Course will be ideal to obtain minimum eligibility to work one to one with an individual pupil, or with a group of children in a large classroom situation.
What Will You Learn from This SENCO - SEN Coordination Course:
- Discover the role of educators in improving outcomes for children with special needs
- Learn about the SENCO role today and the SENCO role in practice
- Understand the SENCO’s responsibilities when it comes to leading, managing and training staff
- Study important theories for effective learning and teaching for children with special needs
- Discover how the SENCO can work with the school’s senior leadership team
- Gain an understanding of working with professionals and organisations beyond the school as a SENCO
- Improve your communication skills to build strong relationships with special needs pupils and their parents as a SENCO
- Delve into the challenges and opportunities of the SENCO role
Why People Enrol this SENCO - SEN Coordination Course From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the SENCO - SEN Coordination course
- Learning materials of our SENCO - SEN Coordination course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all SENCO - SEN Coordination course content for a full year
- Complete the SENCO - SEN Coordination course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our SENCO - SEN Coordination course
This SENCO - SEN Coordination course is designed with the following modules:
SENCO - SEN Coordination
Module 1: Introduction to SEN Co-ordination
- Definition of special educational needs
- Relevant points of the Children and Families Act 2014
- Key Principles
- The role of education providers in improving outcomes
Module 2: The SENCO Role in Policy and Practice
- The beginnings of the SENCO role
- The SENCO role today: responsibilities as determined by the 2015 SEND Code of Practice
Module 3: Roles and Responsibilities within whole School SEN Co-ordination
- Duties of governing bodies & trust boards
- The role of the SENCO
- Decide to be operational, strategic or both
- Developing and understanding your ethos towards inclusion
- Developing your understanding of the definition of SEN
Module 4: Supporting Teaching and Learning
- What is the curriculum?
- Learning to learn
- Important theories of effective learning and teaching
- The influence of behavioural science on SEN curriculum and pedagogy
- Cognitive development
Module 5: The SENCO and the Senior Leadership Team
- The role of the SENCO and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- If a SENCO should be on SLT
- The status of the SENCO role
- Leading without being part of SLT: leading with status
Module 6: Supporting Colleagues and working with Professionals and Organisations beyond the School
- Importance of leading and supporting colleagues
- The SENCO role: leading and supporting colleagues
- Unpicking the role of teachers
- Leading and supporting colleagues: a whole-school approach
- Leading and supporting specific groups
Module 7: Developing Relationship with Pupils and Parents
- Children and families at the centre: the policy context
- Pupil relationships and Importance
- Family relationships and Importance
- Meeting the SEND Code of Practice guidance
- An awareness of potential barriers
Module 8: SENCO’s Role in Leading and Managing SEND Administration
- Working with governors
- The management of SEN records
- Referral for an EHC assessment
- Annual review of EHC plans
- Dealing with complaints
Module 9: Challenges and Opportunities
- Time and workload
Module 10:Developing Inclusive Practice and the Future SENCO Role
- The language of SEND and disability
- What is inclusive education?
- Parents’ choice
- SENCO’s role in training and developing others
- Support and training for SENCOs
How is the SENCO - SEN Coordination course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a recognised and professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the SENCO - SEN Coordination course, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Hardcopy of this ABC Awards-Endorsed certificate can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
CPD & IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this SENCO - SEN Coordination course, you will qualify for the CPD & IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This SENCO - SEN Coordination course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in SENCO (SEN Coordination)
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this SENCO - SEN Coordination course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The SENCO - SEN Coordination course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This SENCO - SEN Coordination course will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this course. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
hi , can you please tell me how many hours a week is the course and is there specific days for the course thanks
Dear Patrice, Thank you for contacting us. The estimated course duration is 04 hours of continuous study. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete it anytime within a year. You are free to study the course at your own pace. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What happens if you fail trhe exam the first time round?
Dear Shamshad, Thank you for contacting us. If you fail your final exam at the first attempt, you can retake the exam. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you get a certificate or proof that you completed the course?
Dear Nicola, Thank you for contacting us. Yes, upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an accredited certificate. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.