The award winning SEN Teaching Diploma is our best selling online course for anyone looking to start a career or gain skills in teaching industry.
The course is structured in to 5 modules with expertly designed online study materials, video lessons so you learn everything you need to know to succeed.
SEN Teaching Assistants carry out a wide range of practical and administrative tasks under the direction of the class teacher and in the supervision and support of pupils’ learning. In doing so they are helping to make more time available for the teacher to teach. There is a huge demand for SEN Teaching Assistants around the country but also many thousands of applicants for these positions.
This SEN Teaching Diploma is designed to help you become an ideal teaching assistant to all children. With the skills learnt from this course you will be able to make a difference to a child’s learning through identifying and planning the special educational needs of the individual. You will be able to see their improvement and how your help is appreciated.
Benefits of studying the SEN Teaching Diploma with Janets include
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Qualify for over 200 fantastic deals with an NUS Extra card
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
The SEN Teaching Diploma is made up of five mandatory modules
- The Foundations of Teaching
- Teaching Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Students
- Teaching SEND Students in the US
- Assisting Students with ADHD
- Assisting Students with dyslexia
************************** Course Modules **************************
Fundamentals of Teaching
- Understanding the Development of Children and Young Person
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Pupils and Family
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young Person
SEN: Special Educational Needs
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Understand Constructivism in the Classroom and know your role as a teacher
- SEN Code of Practice
- Get an understanding on SENCO
- Classroom Management Strategies for Children with Special Needs
- Physical Difficulties, Sensory Difficulties, Cognitive Impairments of Pupils
- How to Deal with Pupils with Autism
- Understanding Learning Difficulties
- Anger Management Methods for Pupils With Special Needs
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
- Conclusion SEN
SEN in USA
- INTRODUCTION to SEN USA
- PRINCIPLES OF SPECIAL EDUCATION
- SEN CURRICULUM
- SEN TEACHING
- CONCLUSION to SEN USA
- What is ADHD?
- Causes of ADHD
- Diagnosing ADHD
- Treating ADHD
- ADHD and Education
- Reasonable Adjustments: ADHD
- Adults with ADHD
- What is Dyslexia?
- Identifying Dyslexia
- Co-occurring Conditions
- Diagnosing Dyslexia
- Creating Dyslexia Friendly Environment
- Solutions for Dyslexia
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
SEN Teaching Diploma is suitable for anyone who want to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field. This is a great opportunity for all student from any academic backgrounds to learn more on this subject.
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The SEN Teaching Diploma is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Training offered by the SEN Teaching Diploma could potentially benefit a range of roles, but would particularly enhance careers in
- Support Work
- SEN Education
- Other professional SEN teaching roles
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can this course be taken from outside the UK?
Dear Elizabeth, Thanks for your question. All of our courses are online courses. Therefore, you can do the courses from anywhere in the world. As the courses are almost all device friendly, you can do the course from your convenient device as well. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.