SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma - CPD Certified & IAO Approved
SEN stands for special educational needs. These educational methods are used for kids with special needs such as autism, dyslexia, and visual impairments just to name a few. Though every child has a right to public education in any institute they want, not all teachers are adequately prepared or trained to cater for their needs. This fully accredited SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course is designed to help you become an ideal teaching assistant to all children.
The course is divided into three parts and starts with an introduction to SEN where you will discover your role as a teacher. Furthermore, you will find out more about SEN code of practices and gain an understanding on SENCO. You will also get tips on management strategies for SEN classrooms, dealing with pupils that suffer from a variety of conditions, understand the difficulties they face and so much more. The next section introduces SEN in the USA where you learn about principles of special education and the SEN curriculum. Next, you look into ADHD, its causes, diagnosis, treatment and reasonable adjustments needed.
Becoming a SEN teaching assistant requires great dedication, knowledge, skills and strategies; and this course is sure enough to bring out these traits from you.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
Fundamentals of Teaching
- Understanding the Development of Children and Young Person
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Pupils and Family
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young Person
SEN: Special Educational Needs
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Understand Constructivism in the Classroom and know your role as a teacher
- SEN Code of Practice
- Get an understanding on SENCO
- Classroom Management Strategies for Children with Special Needs
- Physical Difficulties, Sensory Difficulties, Cognitive Impairments of Pupils
- How to Deal with Pupils with Autism
- Understanding Learning Difficulties
- Anger Management Methods for Pupils With Special Needs
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
- Conclusion SEN
SEN in USA
- INTRODUCTION to SEN USA
- PRINCIPLES OF SPECIAL EDUCATION
- SEN CURRICULUM
- SEN TEACHING
- CONCLUSION to SEN USA
- What is ADHD?
- Causes of ADHD
- Diagnosing ADHD
- Treating ADHD
- ADHD and Education
- Reasonable Adjustments: ADHD
- Adults with ADHD
- What is Dyslexia?
- Identifying Dyslexia
- Co-occurring Conditions
- Diagnosing Dyslexia
- Creating Dyslexia Friendly Environment
- Solutions for Dyslexia
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Assessment and Certification:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and the results will be given to you immediately. Before sitting your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £24 for a PDF copy and £39 for an original print copy sent to you by post.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals who want to learn about SEN education
- People who have an interest in school management
- People who want to become SEN teachers
- Parents with kids who have special needs
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- School management
- Special needs children assistants
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
J Phull asked:
The online test is this done at a test centre,or can i do this at my home.
Hi J, Thanks for your query. This online course contains theoretical study materials along with video tutorials. At the end of the course, you will be able to sit a mock exam and then the final exam. Both exams are held online and they will be in multiple choice format. We give you one year access to your course, therefore, you are able to complete the course at your own pace, in your own time. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Jane pittock asked:
What entry requirements are there for this course
Hi Jane, Thanks for your query. This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification. A good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to successfully complete this course. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.