Add to basket or enquire
Understanding the children's unspoken queries, meeting your pupils' emotional and behavioural needs while infusing their educational needs — that's what being an SEN teacher entails.
Children with special needs call for specialised teaching to satisfy their intellectual, social and emotional requirements. Special education teachers are the ones who fulfil such needs with attention, flexibility and patience. While the career is quite demanding, the rewards of working as an SEN teacher significantly override the hardships. If you want to commence this challenging yet life-changing career, then enrol in this SEN Teacher Training – Special Needs today.
This course will teach you all about becoming an SEN teacher. You will explore a wide range of crucial topics, such as — SEN code of practice, SEN statutory and regulatory framework, the personality traits of highly effective leaders, etc. This course will also give a thorough understanding of how SEN affects children's participation and learning. Additionally, you will get to know the rudimentary of SEN support, strategies to enhance SEN pupils performance, whole-school planning and organisation, various assessment techniques and so on.
Moreover, this course will help you understand the needs of SEN students and the role of an individual planning to meet those needs. Besides these, you will also learn about the teaching and learning practices for inclusive schools. This training focuses on giving you the skills required to help your SEN students reach their full potential.
Add this SEN Teacher Training – Special Needs course to your basket — learn to help young minds who need a bit extra assistance to thrive.
What you'll get out of this SEN course:
- Recognise what it takes to be a special education teacher.
- Make yourself familiar with the concept of special education needs.
- Acquire a comprehensive overview of the SEN code of practice.
- Develop an understanding of the SEN statutory and regulatory framework
- Learn about the personality traits of highly effective leaders.
- Discover how SEN affects children's participation and learning.
- Be adept in establishing strategies for enhancing the performance of pupils with SEN.
- Refine your knowledge of whole-school planning and organisation.
- Understand the aim and methodologies of assessments.
- Familiarise yourself with the fundamentals of SEN support.
- Know how to use individual planning to meet the needs of children with SEN
- Gain a solid comprehension of teaching and learning in the inclusive school.
This SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is designed with the following modules:
SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs
Module 1: Special Needs Education Teacher
- How to become a special educational needs (SEN) teacher
- What it takes to be SEN teacher
- Definition of Special Educational Needs
Module 2: Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN
- Get an Understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
- Learn How the SEND Tribunal, Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Work
- SEND Tribunal: If you're asked to be a witness
- Disagreement Resolution
- Learn about the Local Offer
- Get an Idea about the OfSTED Frameworks relevant to your school or work setting
- Learn about the new funding models for SEN
- Get an understanding of the policy and legislative context for health and social care, including safeguarding and the health and well-being agenda
Module 3: Principles and Practice of Leadership in Different Contexts
- Characteristics of Highly Effective Leaders
- What is Leadership?
- Models of leadership that promote successful school
- Pedagogical/instructional leadership
- Styles of Leadership
- Become a Good Leader
Module 4: How SEN and Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning
- Signs of Underachievement
- Categories of SEN
- Learning Difficulties
- Signs of Learning Difficulties
- What Is Physical Disability?
- Health supports for SEN students
Module 5: Strategies for Improving the Performance of the Pupils with SEN
- Teaching Strategies
- Learning strategies
- Strategies to Support a Student with a Cognitive Impairment
- Classroom management strategies
- Strategies for transfer of learning
Module 6: Whole-School Planning and Organisation
- Promoting the inclusive school
- The benefits of inclusion
- Planning for inclusion at the whole-school level
- Drawing up inclusive whole-school policies and procedures for SEN
- Whole-school policies and procedures for SEN in the school plan
- School enrolment policy
- Attendance and participation
- Code of behaviour and discipline, and measures to prevent bullying or harassment of students with SEN
- Transfer of students to post-primary schools from primary schools
- The transition from post-primary education to a post-school setting
- Resource-teaching support for students with SEN
- Accommodations in the physical environment
- Arrangements for the provision of additional teaching support to students with special educational needs
- Establishing an appropriate model of organisation
Module 7: Assessment
- The purposes of assessment
- Methods of assessment
- Developing a whole-school policy on assessment
- Selection and use of appropriate test instruments
Module 8: Teamwork for SEN: Roles and Functions
- Role and functions of the board of management
- Boards of management and parents
- The SEN Support Team
- Duties of the Principal
- Duties of the Mainstream Teachers
- The Resource Teacher
- Duties of the Parents
Module 9: Planning for Individual Students with SEN
- Individual planning
- The benefits of individual planning
- Steps to individual planning
- Implementing the individual education plan
Module 10: Teaching and Learning in the Inclusive School
- Classroom climate
- Support for learning
- Teaching for inclusion
- Cooperative teaching
- Cooperative learning
- Students’ involvement in identifying learning targets and in self-assessment
- Learning styles
- Information and communications technology (ICT)
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this SEN Teacher Training, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
The SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs skills that are necessary.
After completing this SEN Teacher Training – Special Needs course, you will have acquired several skills vital for professional growth and will be prepared to seek a range of work opportunities, such as —
- School Counselor
- SEN Coordinator.
- SEN Teacher
- Social Worker
The average annual salary for these career prospects is from £15,000 up to £40,000 in the UK.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Jacqueline Lindo asked:
Do I get a CPD certificate?
Dear Jacqueline, Thank you for your question. Yes, you can obtain a CPD certificate after successfully completing this course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Also advice me as to whicj SEN courses I need to take to get a job in this feld , please.
Dear Karyn, Thank you for your question. This is an online course for personal skill development, and after completing the course, you can obtain a CPD certificate. You can use this certificate in your CV while applying for a relevant job department. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I plan on moving to the UK, can you tell me if this course is a COD course of will it knock a credt off my studies?
Dear Karyn, Thank you for your question. This course is an online course for personal skill development, and you can do this course from anywhere you want. After purchasing the course, you will get 1 year of access to the course materials and you can complete the course at your own pace. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.