Add to basket or enquire
Being a special education teacher is a challenging yet rewarding career. This SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course is designed to provide you with the specific competencies and skills needed for successful job performance as a special education teacher.
In this Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course, you will learn how to help moderate to severe special needs children who have a range of learning, physical, emotional, and mental disabilities. Gain a detailed overview of how to design suitable teaching strategies for pupils with SEN to produce better learning outcomes, and successfully plan, develop and implement individualised learning plans for each pupil.
This particular course also focuses on how to maintain current knowledge of special education best practices and trends, including how to build pupils’’ personal development skills to reach their full potential.
Highlights of the SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the SEN Code of Practice.
- Familiarise with OfSTED framework relevant to your school or work setting.
- Be able to identify symptoms of learning difficulties and behavioural difficulties.
- Learn to successfully utilise a variety of teaching methods and practices to suit the diverse educational needs of the pupils.
- Understand how to monitor, assess and document each pupil’s improvement using careful measurements and assessment methods.
- Get a solid comprehension of how SEN and disabilities affect pupils’ participation and learning.
- Develop your understanding of models of leadership that promote the school actively.
- Learn proven strategies for enhancing the performance of pupils with SEN.
- Be able to work with children and young people who have physical, emotional or mental disabilities.
- Learn how to prepare special needs students for inclusion and transition to mainstream schools.
Why Choose this SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs Course:
- This best ever SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is designed with the following modules:
SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs
Module 1: Special Needs Education Teacher
- How to become a special educational needs (SEN) teacher
- What it takes to be SEN teacher
- Definition of Special Educational Needs
Module 2: Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN
- Get an Understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
- Learn How the SEND Tribunal, Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Work
- SEND Tribunal: If you're asked to be a witness
- Disagreement Resolution
- Learn about the Local Offer
- Get an Idea about the OfSTED Frameworks relevant to your school or work setting
- Learn about the new funding models for SEN
- Get an understanding of the policy and legislative context for health and social care, including safeguarding and the health and well-being agenda
Module 3: Principles and Practice of Leadership in Different Contexts
- Characteristics of Highly Effective Leaders
- What is Leadership?
- Models of leadership that promote successful school
- Pedagogical/instructional leadership
- Styles of Leadership
- Become a Good Leader
Module 4: How SEN and Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning
- Signs of Underachievement
- Categories of SEN
- Learning Difficulties
- Signs of Learning Difficulties
- What Is Physical Disability?
- Health supports for SEN students
Module 5: Strategies for Improving the Performance of the Pupils with SEN
- Teaching Strategies
- Learning strategies
- Strategies to Support a Student with a Cognitive Impairment
- Classroom management strategies
- Strategies for transfer of learning
Module 6: Whole-School Planning and Organisation
- Promoting the inclusive school
- The benefits of inclusion
- Planning for inclusion at the whole-school level
- Drawing up inclusive whole-school policies and procedures for SEN
- Whole-school policies and procedures for SEN in the school plan
- School enrolment policy
- Attendance and participation
- Code of behaviour and discipline, and measures to prevent bullying or harassment of students with SEN
- Transfer of students to post-primary schools from primary schools
- The transition from post-primary education to a post-school setting
- Resource-teaching support for students with SEN
- Accommodations in the physical environment
- Arrangements for the provision of additional teaching support to students with special educational needs
- Establishing an appropriate model of organisation
Module 7: Assessment
- The purposes of assessment
- Methods of assessment
- Developing a whole-school policy on assessment
- Selection and use of appropriate test instruments
Module 8: Teamwork for SEN: Roles and Functions
- Role and functions of the board of management
- Boards of management and parents
- The SEN Support Team
- Duties of the Principal
- Duties of the Mainstream Teachers
- The Resource Teacher
- Duties of the Parents
Module 9: Planning for Individual Students with SEN
- Individual planning
- The benefits of individual planning
- Steps to individual planning
- Implementing the individual education plan
Module 10: Teaching and Learning in the Inclusive School
- Classroom climate
- Support for learning
- Teaching for inclusion
- Cooperative teaching
- Cooperative learning
- Students’ involvement in identifying learning targets and in self-assessment
- Learning styles
- Information and communications technology (ICT)
How is the SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course assessed?
To successfully complete the SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful course completion, you will qualify for a CPD certificate from One Education as proof of your new skills. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs skills that are necessary.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Jacqueline Lindo asked:
Do I get a CPD certificate?
Dear Jacqueline, Thank you for your question. Yes, you can obtain a CPD certificate after successfully completing this course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.