Add to basket or enquire
This extensive SEN TA course has been designed to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to become a fully professional SEN teacher and will give you all the practical knowledge & credentials that you need to excel in your new role.
If you are aspiring to start your career as an SEN teacher or you just want to boost your knowledge and skills on SEN teaching, but don’t know where to start, then this SEN TA course will set you up with the appropriate skills and expertise needed to take your professionalism to the next level.
This comprehensive SEN TA course will give you all the necessary skills and a valuable insight into SEN TA to boost your career in this field and possibilities, by getting the essential skills and knowledge you’ll need from this SEN TA course. There are always new skills to learn and new knowledge to accumulate when you work as an SEN teacher, this SEN TA course will fully prepare you to embrace all of the essentials skills and knowledge in this field.
Enrol today and get started on your journey to improve your career prospects with the latest skills and the power of self-belief!
Why choose this course:
- Engaging and inventive e-learning course
- Instructor-led distance learning
- Get trained by industry experts
- Easy to use and easy to follow
- Learn the most in-demand skills
- Expert tutors are always available for you via email
- Kickstart your career with quality training
SEN TA Course
Why Learn with Us?
- We have taught and certified more than 50,000+ students and organisations worldwide
- We are committed to helping students start new careers or advance in their chosen career paths
- We have Award-winning Customer Support, and we’re proud of it
- We believe in you. Your success is our success
The SEN Teaching is one of our most popular training courses and is perfect for those individuals who want to start a new career path as an SEN teacher, as well as established professionals who want to test their existing abilities and learn the latest techniques.
This comprehensive SEN TA course has been divided into 11 interactive lessons. This makes for a more stimulating and comprehensive study of all the essential areas of SEN teaching, which also means that learners will be able to absorb the knowledge in manageable and intuitive segments and retain the vital information without even realising it.
This fully inclusive SEN TA course includes the following modules:
Learn how to increase your expertise in SEN teaching by taking the following modules of this popular SEN TA course.
Module 1: Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching
- Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching
- How to become a special educational needs (SEN), teacher
- Entry requirements
- Responsibilities of an SEN Teacher
Module 2: Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN
- SEND Code of Practice
- Learn How the SEND Tribunal, Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Work
- Disagreement Resolution
- Mediation Services
- SEND Tribunal: If you’re asked to be a witness
- Learn about the Local Offer
- Get an Idea about the OfSTED Frameworks relevant to your school or work setting
- Learn about the new funding models for SEN
- Get an understanding of the policy and legislative context for health and social care, including safeguarding and the health and well-being agenda
Module 3: Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning
- Understanding Underachievement
- Signs of Underachievement
- Knowing When School Underachievement Is a Problem
- General Causes of Underachievement in School
- Categories of SEN
Module 4: Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs
- SEN Teaching Strategies
- SEN Learning strategies
- Strategies to Support a Student with a Cognitive Impairment
- Classroom management strategies
- Strategies for Transfer of Learning
Module 5: Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN
- Promoting the Inclusive School
- The Benefits of Inclusion
- Planning For Inclusion At The Whole-School Level
- Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN
- Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN In The School Plan
Module 6: Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment
- The Purposes of Assessment
- Methods of Assessment
- Developing a Whole-School Policy on Assessment
- Selection and Use of Appropriate Test Instruments
The following module of the SEN TA course will give the exact set of skills and information base that you’ll need to succeed in your chosen career path of SEN teaching.
Module 7: Inclusive Education for Students with Special Educational Needs
- Classroom Climate
- Support for Learning
- Teaching for Inclusion
- Students’ Involvement in Identifying Learning Targets and In Self-Assessment
- Learning Style
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
Module 8: Leadership of Special Schools
- Characteristics of Highly Effective Leaders
- What Is Leadership?
- Pedagogical/Instructional Leadership
- Styles of Leadership
- General Principles For Good Leaders
Module 9: National Minimum Standards for Residential Special Schools
- Statement of Principles and Practice
- Induction, transition and individual support
- Health and wellbeing
- Contact with parents/carers
- Residential accommodation
- Safety of students
- Fire precautions and drills
- Provision and preparation of food and drinks
- Personal possessions
- Leadership and management
- Securing student’s views
Module 10: Role and Functions of the Board of Management
- Role and Functions of the Board of Management
- Boards of management and school policies
- Boards of management and parents
- Boards of management and the Department of Education
- The SEN Support Team
- The principal and the management of delegated functions
- Mainstream Teachers
- The Resource Teacher
- Year Heads and Class Tutors
- Students with SEN
Module 11: Education Planning for Individual Students
- Individual planning
- The benefits of individual planning
- Implementing the individual education plan
Certificate of Achievement from Knowledge Door
On completion of the SEN TA course, you will be eligible to obtain the certificate of achievement from Knowledge Door to evidence your new skill and accomplishment, as well as your knowledge and skill set. The certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £12, or a hard copy can be sent via post at the cost of £35.
All the lessons in this SEN TA course will only take a few minutes to complete, which means that it caters to every type of lifestyle and study method. Study breaks can be quickly scheduled, as can long and intensive periods of learning. You can make the most of your personal time, even if you only have 10 to 15 minutes free at any one time. Make this course work for you.
We don’t believe in placing time limits on learning, so you will never have to rush and complete a course before a strict deadline. Just concentrate on your goals and study in your own time and at your own pace with no unnecessary pressure.
Who is this course for?
SEN TA Course
This comprehensive SEN TA course is ideal for anyone who is looking to improve their skills and move on to more challenging roles in this sector. Completion of the SEN TA course will prove your learning potential and provide the impetus to boost their career into whatever direction they choose but gaining an up-to-date perspective of everything involving SEN teaching.
The SEN TA course will provide both established professionals and relative newcomers to SEN teaching with some real advantages, earning extensive knowledge and acquiring new skills which will make any candidate’s CV stand out in a crowded marketplace.
SEN TA Course
There is no previous experience or specific entry requirements needed to enrol into this SEN TA course, any student from any background, and of any age, can enrol into this SEN TA course and learn at their own pace.
As long as you are seventeen years old, have a basic knowledge of the English language and are relatively comfortable with rudimentary IT skills, you will be eligible to enrol into this SEN TA course.
This SEN TA course will bring you new opportunities and new possibilities in an ever-changing job market. Gain the latest techniques, theories, knowledge and confidence that you’ll need to procure the dream job you’ve been looking for. To achieve all this and to gather more valuable credits on your CV, this SEN TA course could be a critical part of your future.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.