Add to basket or enquire
Become a highly skilled and fully-trained security guard with the Security Officer training course.
In this course you will learn; integrity, safety and the ethics of a security guard, along with further information on basic security issues that will allow you to identify any risks to security on the job.
The Security Officer training course covers; practical and theoretical information that will allow you to grow as a competent security officer.
- Learn the basic requirements of a security guard
- Learn how to use the phonetic alphabet
- Develop basic fire extinguishing skills
- Learn the code of practice to be a security guard
- Develop skills in security management and planning
- Learn organisational security models
- Understand risk, threat and vulnerability
- Understand types of crimes and the psychology around them.
What will you learn in this Security Officer Training Course
Module 01: The Basics of Security Guard
- Security Guard
- Top Qualities Employers Want in a Security Guard
- Using the Phonetic Alphabet
- An Important Player in Addressing Workplace Fires
- Basic Fire Extinguishing Skills
- Become an Expert Security Guard
Module 02: Code of Practice for Security Guard
- Understanding the Code of Practice
- Recommendations for Organizations
- Recommendations for Employers of Searchers
- General Recommendations
- Searching of Individuals
- Searching of Areas
- Searching of Buildings and Vehicles
Module 03: Security Management
- The Basics Of Security Management
- Security Management Planning And Implementing
- How to Build a Security Management Team
Module 04: Role and Responsibilities
- The Role And Responsibilities of a Security Officer
- Security Management Governance
- Organizational Security Models
- Understanding Risk, Threat, And Vulnerability
- Information Risk Management
Module 05: Types of Crimes
- Understanding What Burglaries Are
- Definition and Dangers of Hijacking
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Child abuse: Identification, Reporting, and Prevention
- Sexual Violence: Prevention Strategies
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate by paying a little processing fee of £2. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
Who is this course for?
Security Officer Training Course is suitable for anyone who want to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field.
Our Security Officer Training Course is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there is no specific requirements to attend this course. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.