Add to basket or enquire
Whether you want to work in a residence, bank, business company or educational institute, a fully trained and experienced security guard is a necessity. Advancements in technology have led to a complete overhaul in the strategy behind security systems, but with this Security Guard Training course, you will receive the latest training and earn a recognised certificate showing your skills and expertise in this area.
The Security Guard Training course focuses on the recent trends and strategies you must focus on to work as a security guard. Topics such as the integrity and ethics of the profession and the sense of protecting others will be discussed in the Security Guard Training course along with the basic security issues to give you a clear understanding of the security guard profession. So, if you want to pursue the demanding job of a security guard, or are interested in building your own private security agency, enrol in the Security Guard Training course and start your journey today.
Highlights of the Security Guard Training:
- Gain a firm understanding and skills relevant for performing security service jobs in a variety of settings.
- Discover the top qualities that employers look for in a Security Guard.
- Develop the basic fire extinguishing skills and explore what it takes to become an expert Security Guard.
- Understand the Code of Practice for Security Guard and recommendations for employers of searchers.
- Get introduced to the basics of Security Management, and effective ways of security management planning and implementation.
- Learn the crucial role and responsibilities of a Security Officer and organisational security models.
- Know different types of crimes including hijacking, domestic violence, child abuse, sexual violence.
Why Choose this Security Guard Training Course:
- This best ever Security Guard Training course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Security Guard Training course is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Security Guard Training course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Security Guard Training course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Security Guard Training course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: The Basics of Security Guard
- Security Guard
- Top Qualities Employers Want in a Security Guard
- Using the Phonetic Alphabet
- An Important Player in Addressing Workplace Fires
- Basic Fire Extinguishing Skills
- Become an Expert Security Guard
Module 02: Code of Practice for Security Guard
- Understanding the Code of Practice
- Recommendations for Organizations
- Recommendations for Employers of Searchers
- General Recommendations
- Searching of Individuals
- Searching of Areas
- Searching of Buildings and Vehicles
Module 03: Security Management
- The Basics Of Security Management
- Security Management Planning And Implementing
- How to Build a Security Management Team
Module 04: Role and Responsibilities
- The Role And Responsibilities of a Security Officer
- Security Management Governance
- Organizational Security Models
- Understanding Risk, Threat, And Vulnerability
- Information Risk Management
Module 05: Types of Crimes
- Understanding What Burglaries Are
- Definition and Dangers of Hijacking
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Child abuse: Identification, Reporting, and Prevention
- Sexual Violence: Prevention Strategies
How is the Security Guard Training course assessed?
To successfully complete the Security Guard Training course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion of Security Guard Training course, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Security Guard Training course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Security Guard Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
An entry-level Security Guard can expect to earn an average annual salary between £17,000 and £21,000.
A Security Guard with mid-career experience can expect to earn an average annual salary between £22,000 and £26,000.
An experienced Security Guard can expect to earn an average annual salary between £27,000 and £32,000.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
JOHN TAIWO ABIDOYE asked:
HELLO GOOD MORNING I NEEDED TO SECURITY TRAINING
Hi John, Thanks for reaching out. You just need to purchase the course to do the course. You can easily purchase the course from the course page by clicking on 'Add to Basket' button. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
M Afzal khan asked:
How long is the course for?
Dear M, The course duration is 8 hours, if you want to finish it at a go. However, you will get a one-year access to the course after purchasing the course. Therefore, you can complete it anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Good morning just want to just want to inquire if it would be possible for me to do this course as I am living in South Africa.
Hi Hannes, Thanks for the question. All our courses are completely online and you can do the courses from anywhere in the world. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the potential for career opportunities after completing this course
Hi C, This is a personal development course certified by the CPD. We believe this course will develop your skills and will help you to become an expert in this sector. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
if I pay with my card could you send the course to someone else by email?
Hi Melanie, Thanks for the question. That won't be a problem, you will need to provide the students name and e-mail address during the puchase. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What requirements do I need on my computer? IE: windows 10 etc? Many thanks
Hi Mark, Thanks for the question. Yes, you can do the course from your Windows or Mac as well. Our platform is accessible from most of the major devices. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Nicholas Frantzeskos asked:
In case the assessment won't be successful could I have a second chance?
Hi Nicholas, Thanks for the question. You can take the mock exam three times without any fee. If you fail in the final exam, you can reset the final exam by paying a little additional fee. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.