Location & dates
This Scrum Master course is aimed towards those with a background in Project Management who are looking to get to grips with Scrum principles and gain recognition for their expertise in the application of them. Certification of this Scrum Training Course proves your ability to understand Scrum values, practices, and applications and use this knowledge to lead Scrum projects and facilitate the implementation of the Scrum framework.
Furthermore, the Scrum Master is tasked with establishing and maintaining a conducive working environment for the development team, so that they are able to work efficiently through the backlog. Scrum Masters must also effectively organise resources and aptly coordinate their team members according to their strengths and skill set.
- Acquire the skills of a Scrum Master, who behaves as a servant leader, and fulfils all criteria to achieve the sprint goal
- Align yourself with these examples of organisations that use Scrum: Netflix, Adobe, ING, and Vodafone
This Scrum Master Certification consists of two days of classroom-based training, combining instructor-led teaching and practical exercises. On the final day of the course, you will take a 1-hour Scrum Master exam to confirm your knowledge.
This course covers the following topics:
- An Introduction to Lean, Agile, and Scrum
- The Origin of Agile, Lean and Scrum
- The Principles Agile and Lean
- Overview of Scrum
- Key Features of Agile
- Key Features of Scrum
- The Deming Cycle
- Resource Requirements
- Key Activities
- Quality and its Importance
- Kaizen Incorporation
- Scrum Artefacts
- Product Backlog
- Resource Requirements
- User Stories and INVEST
- Burn Down Charts and Scrum Boards
- Sprints and the Scrum Framework
- Sprints and Sprint Planning
- Managing and Tracking the Sprint Backlog
- Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- Roles and Responsibilities
- The Scrum Master
- Facilitation, Coaching, and Servant Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Team Development
- Emotional Intelligence
- Belbin Types
- Motivating Others
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Collaborative Decision Making
- Introduction to Decision Making and the Process
- Tools and Techniques
- Group Problem Solving
- Inclusive Decision-Making Tools
- Prioritising Tasks
- Scaling and Adaptation
- Scaling for Projects
- Dealing with Change
- Dealing with Risk
- Monitoring a Project and Visual Management
- Metrics, Measures and Targets
- Value Streams and VSM
- Scaled Scrum
- Descaling and Scrumble
Who is this course for?
This course is recommended for candidates who are looking to build on their Project Management and Scrum techniques.
There are no prerequisites for undertaking this course.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.