Add to basket or enquire
The School Sports Coach is a wonderful learning opportunity for anyone who has a passion for this topic and is interested in enjoying a long career in the relevant industry. It’s also for anyone who is already working in this field and looking to brush up their knowledge and boost their career with a recognised certification.
This School Sports Coach consists of several modules that take around 4 hours to complete. The course is accompanied by instructional videos, helpful illustrations, how-to instructions and advice.
The course is offered online at a very affordable price. That gives you the ability to study at your own pace in the comfort of your home. You can access the modules from anywhere and from any device.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
**School Sports Coach**
Module 1. Introduction to Sports Coaching
- Introduction to Coaching
- What Is Mentoring?
- Importance of Sports Coaching
- Responsibilities of a Coach
- Skills of Sports Coaches
- Developing Coaching Philosophy
Module 2. Psychological, Motivational, and Behavioural Training for Sports
- Psychological Factors and Performance Excellence
- Goal Setting
- Relaxation and Energisation
- Self Talk
- Motivating Athletes
- Stress Management
- Enhancing the Athletes Self-Confidence
- Principles of Behaviour
Module 3. Techniques for Sports Coaching
- The Games Approach
- Teaching Technical Skills
- Teaching Tactical Skills
- Planning for Teaching
Module 4. Physical Fitness and Training
- Training Basics
- Training for Energy Fitness
- Training for Muscular Fitness
- Fuelling Your Athletes
- Battling Drugs
Module 5. Management Skills for a Sports Coach
- Managing the Team
- Managing the Coach-Athlete Relationship
- Eight Reasons Kids Drop Out of Sports
- The CoachDoes Not UnderstandKids
- I did not Get to Play Enough
- MyCoachis a Poor Teacher
Module 6. Coaching for Popular Sports
- Some Other Popular Sports in the United Kingdom
Module 7. Nutrition Concerns for Athletes
- Energy and Macronutrient Intakes and Recommendations
- Eating Before, During, and After the Event
- Nutrition in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
Module 8.Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Injury Prevention
- Muscle Injuries
- Bone Injuries
Module 9. Children and Parent in Sports
- The Role of Sports in the Relationship
- The Role of Parents on a Game Day
Module 10. Coaching and Ethical Practice
Module 11: Common Injuries
Module 12: Major Injuries
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99.
Who is this course for?
Whether you're an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this School Sports Coach course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a professional qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The School Sports Coach is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.