Add to basket or enquire
Learn how to work with schools and families to improve the health and wellbeing of children and young people. This School Nurse Training course covers the school nurse’s role in the education system as both a service provider and educator to improve the health of defined social groups and populations.
It also explores the foundations of child psychology and development. You will learn how to devise, plan and implement health-promoting strategies and social models in relation to public health practices.
Discover top-level teaching methodologies, theoretical foundations of nursing, nursing research and healthcare economics. You will also explore the legal and ethical issues in school health and use evidence-based and reflective practices in leadership, administration and management, critical to school health nurse practitioner.
Highlights of the School Nurse Training course:
- Gain a good comprehension of the skills needed to become a certified school nurse.
- Learn about the crucial role school nurses play in the education system as both a service provider and educator.
- Understand how to give immunisations, vaccinations and adequately carry out developmental screening.
- Know how to support children with medical needs or children with mental health issues.
- Develop your knowledge of how to conduct a child health assessment.
- Get equipped with a thorough understanding of health education, including various health-promoting activities, and the role of school nurses in health education.
- Discover a detailed overview of the role of school nurses in rendering first aid.
- Learn how to successfully promote healthy living, including exploring adolescent sexuality and mental health issues.
- Understand how to raise awareness of different health issues, including drug use, school violence, child abuse, and more.
This School Nurse Training is designed with the following modules:
School Nurse Training
- Module 1: Introduction to Nursing
- Module 2: Understanding the Growth and Development of Children
- Module 3: Introduction to Nursery Nurse
- Module 4: Observation and Assessment of Children in the Early Years Setting
- Module 5: Curriculum and Developing Early Learning
- Module 6: Play and Learning in Children’s Education
- Module 7: Working with Children Having Special Needs
- Module 8: Promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusive Practice in Early Years of Learning
- Module 9: Health and Safety of Children in the Early Years
- Module 10: Safeguarding, Protection and Welfare of Young Children
- Module 11: Hygiene in Nursing
- Module 12: Working in Partnership with Parents and Carers
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for IAO accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
IAO Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the IAO Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this School Nurse Training course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited certificate attesting to your knowledge.
The School Nurse Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This School Nurse Training is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this School Nurse Training is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire School Nurse Training skills that are necessary.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.