Future Connect Training and Recruitment Ltd
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Location & dates
Sage Payroll Training
IAB Level 2 - Payroll
Develops candidates skills and underpinning in the use of commercially available payroll software to prepare payroll records, process the payroll and maintain accurate information
The qualification is made up of:
1 – Online Knowledge Test
1 – Examination
40 GLH (Guided Learning Hours)
100 hours TQT (Total Qualification Time)
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of computerised payroll legislation and processing – J/50/5782
- Understand data protection and data security legislation in relation to payroll
- Understand the general principles of legislation relating to processing the payroll
- Understand the information required to prepare an employee payroll record
- Understand what constitutes gross pay for different payroll periods
- Understand the principles of PAYE and NIC legislation and operation using commercially available computerised payroll software
- Understand the requirements for processing and submitting payroll information using commercially available payroll software
- Understand the procedures to adopt when dealing with a leaver
- Understand the Statutory additions and deductions from pay that can be made using commercially available payroll software
- Understand the need to complete period end payroll reports within a given timescale
Computerised Payroll Processing – H/508/5787
- Be able to set up and maintain company, pension and employee records using commercially available payroll software
- Be able to process payroll accurately for a variety of pay periods using organisational procedures and timescales
- Be able to produce statutory and non-statutory reports
- Be able to back up and restore data when required
Who is this course for?
The Level 2 Award in Computerised Payroll qualification is specifically aimed at learners who wish to gain an introduction to the study of payroll using commercially available payroll software, and gain a qualification at Level 2 of the regulated qualification framework, either from a point of no previous knowledge, or having worked in a payroll environment with no accredited payroll qualifications. It is also aimed at:
- Those who have achieved the IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll, IAB Level 1 Award in Payroll or IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll for Business
- Those who are new to working in payroll but have some previous general knowledge of payroll procedures.
- Those who now wish to increase their skills and knowledge to that required of payroll processors in a computerised payroll environment, prior to employment.
- Those who wish to return to working in payroll and need to update their knowledge.
- Those who are already employed in payroll processing or allied roles and who wish to ensure that they have both a firm foundation and the knowledge and skills to perform some non-routine computerised payroll tasks.
- Those preparing for or undertaking an Apprenticeship in Payroll at Level 2.
Learners who are considering a career as a self-employed practitioner will find the course invaluable as a basis for completing day-to-day payroll processes, as will businesses owners who would like to be actively involved in the gathering and processing of payroll data and keeping of payroll records for their business. It is advisable for those offering a payroll service to also have the full underpinning knowledge of payroll calculations, practices and procedures
Must be a keen learner and wants to start a career in Payroll
Successful candidate can apply for jobs in Payroll Sector
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.