Gain certification as a Member of the IAB and an in-depth understanding of how to complete complex tasks using the Sage computerised accountancy software with this dual certification from both Sage and the IAB.
About the IAB
The IAB is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for professional bookkeepers in the world, having over 10,000 members across 60 countries. They are the leading awarding and supervisory body for professional bookkeepers in the UK and have been promoting the professional status of bookkeepers for 40 years.
The IAB offer extensive financial qualifications which are accredited by Ofqual, support thousands of members and have paved the way for new bookkeeping apprenticeships and mentoring initiatives.
- Principles of double entry bookkeeping from the basic concepts and policies to more complex issues including depreciation, accruals or bad debts
- Principles of preparing financial statements for a sole trader, including bookkeeping errors and the Trial Balance
- Principles of VAT to get a better understanding of what it is, how it’s applied and how to calculate and reclaim it.
- Core concepts when dealing with bookkeeping for partnership and not-for-profit organisations and charities.
- Learning to deal with incomplete records and cash management accurately and to a high standard at all times.
We provide you with tutor support throughout your 12-month course access period. Your tutor will be available to you 24/7 and can provide guidance through the course and professional advice to help you through any potential issue you may come across. The tutor support is provided so we can ensure you have the best chance of passing your examinations.
IAB Membership Benefits
Gain More Status
- Use the IAB’s designatory letters after your name to elevate your status to a professional level within the bookkeeping industry
- Upgrade skills by continuing professional development through seminars and online modules
- Registered members are supervised in practice under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007
Gain More Time
- Best practice advice
- Money-saving discounts and privileges across countless products and services, including preferential rates for professional indemnity insurance and tax investigation insurance
Gain More Support
- Practical Insight offering new ways to efficiently run your business, providing information to help you keep up to date with bookkeeping, accounting and payroll related matters
- One-to-one support from a team of experienced members
- Online resources through your online membership portal
Who is this course for?
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.