Add to basket or enquire
Does your job require you to learn Sage? Are you likely to be using it soon? This course offers a practical, assignment-based path into becoming familiar with and proficient in using the software. Through a series of tasks and demonstrations, you will learn the core functionality. Find out how to set up a Sage system from scratch, enter opening balances, post bills and credit notes and handle invoices.
- 43 lectures and 2 hours of video instruction
- Understand the core Sage functionality
- Learn how to enter opening balances, add new customer and supplier details
- Become proficient in the Sage software
- Based on Level 2 Certification course and delivered at Level 2 standard
Entrepreneur and Serial Author Lisa Newton has a first class honours degree in Accounting With Marketing. Her course content is simple to follow, and will give you the tools you need to work with Sage in just a few hours of study.
Get your books in order, and balance your accounts in a streamlined way.
Getting Prepared - Access the software and course materials
- Say hi and tell your fellow students why you're taking this course
- Share your new course with your friends!
- Intro to the course and the tutor
- Sage LINE 50 INTRO AND PROMO
- Course Handbook
- Creating A New Company File
Setting Up The System
- Enter opening balances
- Opening Trial Balance
- Reverse Opening Balances - accruals and prepayments
- Report Journals
- Amend the Nominal Ledger
- Report listing the nominal ledgers
- Enter customers
- Reporting Customer Information
- Entering Suppliers
- Supplier Information Report
- Enter invoices - part 1 (as a batch)
- Enter invoices - part 2
- Post Sales Credit Notes
- Report showing Customer Activity
- Aged Debtors
- Post Supplier Invoices
- Credit Notes Suppliers
- Supplier Activity Report
- Aged Creditors Information
- Post Cheques
- Report showing supplier payments
- Receipts from customers
- Report showing customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash Transactions
- Report showing bank to petty cash
- Post Cash Payments
- Report on Cash Payments
- Post Sundry Payments
- Report Bank Payments
VAT - Value Added Tax
- VAT Return
- Reconcile The Bank
- Unreconciled transactions
- Post the Wages Journal
- Report - Wages Journal
- Posting Journal adjustments
- Profit & Loss
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
- How it all fits together
- Concluding lecture
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
- Bookkeeper and Accountants who will be need to use it for their work
- By the end you’ll be able to run the accounts for a small business!
No prior experience needed
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can I do this course using a MacBook or does it require a windows based computer?
Hi Nessa This course can be completed on any internet-connected device.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, I'd like to ask you if I would have access to actual software while taking a course?
Hello Katarzyna, You will be able to download a 30 day free trial of SAGE 50 for this course to use while completing this course. I hope that helps! Kind Regards, TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi! Can you tell me, please, if You provides any certificat when we finish the class? Thanks!
Yes, all our courses come with certificates of completionThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.