CPD Online College
Add to basket or enquire
Studying our Safer Recruitment course will give you the information you need to know when advertising jobs, doing interviews and taking on new employees in a setting with children and young people. The course covers the legislation and policies needed to ensure child protection.
This Safer Recruitment course is perfect for people who work in settings with children, young people and vulnerable adults. It covers the policies and checks required to ensure that the recruitment process has the safety of children and vulnerable people as a priority.
Throughout this course you will cover best practices throughout the recruitment process. From the selection process right up to a new recruit starting in a role, we will explore how to check suitability throughout the hiring process.The course also explains the various checks needed when employing someone new to work with children including DBS checks, overseas checks and eligibility to work in the UK.
This course is perfect for people working in nurseries, schools, foster homes or and kind of support service for children.
- Fully CPD registered
- Completed online with instant downloadable certificate
- Fully printed certificate posted next day
- Covers all required legislation and practices
- Complete the online multiple choice assessment as many times as you need to pass
- Unit 1 – Preparing to Recruit – In our first unit we will be looking at the early stages of recruitment and what the importance of the job description, as well as the person specification in getting the right applicants for the role.
- Unit 2 – The Selection Process – This unit will be looking at the process that takes place once job adverts have been replied to, as well as ways in which organisations can ensure they are not acting in a discriminatory way.
- Unit 3 – The Interview Process – In this unit we will be looking at what happens once candidates have been chosen to take part in an interview, as well as some questions and techniques that organisations can use to ensure they choose the most appropriate candidate.
- Unit 4 – After the Interview – In this unit we will explore the processes that an organisation puts into place once initial interviews have been completed, it will also look at contacting referees and the types of references.
- Unit 5 – Pre Appointment – In this unit will be looking at the importance of checks, including DBS checks, criminal record checks, as well as health checks. It will also look at how to ensure a candidate is eligible to work in the UK legally.
- Unit 6 – Starting Employment – In our final unit we will look at the importance of ensuring health and safery in the work place, as well as what happens during probationary period, as well as the benefits of them being supervised.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for people who work in recruitment, or people who work with children and young adults
There are no previous requirements to study this course.
This course is perfect for people who work in recruitment.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review