Add to basket or enquire
The Safeguarding Coordinatorwill help you identify and help individuals who are at risk of abuse or neglect. If you work in the welfare, care-homes, hospital, or community services, you may meet many vulnerable adults who are being targeted for exploitation or simply ignored.
This essential program will teach you on all the responsibilities you have when investigating an adult’s well-being, and how to progress with the authorities. You’ll learn about the UK laws in place to protect potential adult victims, such as the Care Act of 2014 and the Mental Capacity Act.
By taking this course, you’ll gain the confidence and knowledge to tackle abuse cases and feel empowered to assist those individuals that need help. This will be a relevant and useful skillset to own in healthcare, welfare, or educational sectors.
We’ve taken this Safeguarding Coordinator course and broken it down into 47 manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- Module 01: Introduction
- Module 02: Safeguarding structure and guidance
- Module 03: Your Responsibilities
- Module 04: Recognising And Responding To Abuse
- Module 05: Responses Under The Safeguarding Structure
- Module 06: Working Together And Sharing Information
- Module 07: Recording information
**Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults**
- Introduction to Safeguarding
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Other Key Legislations
- Responding to Safeguarding Alerts
- Protocol of Information Sharing
Psychology of Older Age
- What is ‘Developmental Psychology’?
- What is ‘Gerontology’?
- What we consider as ‘old age’
- What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens
- Common stereotypes of older people
- How stereotyping affects older people
- Life stages and Theories
- What do we look forward to in our older age?
Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
- Introduction to MCA
- Statutory Principles & Their Applications
- Module 3: How to Help People to Make Their Own Decisions
- Module 4: How to Assess Mental Capacity
- Module 5: What ‘Best Interests’ Mean?
- Protection for the People Providing Treatment or Care
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Module 8: Role of the Court of Protection and Court-appointed Deputies
- Advance decisions to Refuse Treatment
- The New Independent Mental Capacity Advocate Service
Mental Health and Old Age
- Memory-related issues
- Learning disabilities
- Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia
- Chronic illness and Disabilities
- Substance abuse (addictions)
Improving Health and Wellbeing
- The effects of exercising
- Is it worth eating ‘healthy’ in older age?
- What else affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?
- Caring for older people
- Awareness and Misunderstanding
- Symptoms of Dementia
- Prevention and Treatment
- The Impact Of Stigma
- Caring for Dementia Victims
- Home Adaptations for People with Dementia
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Who is this course for?
This Safeguarding Coordinator course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Safeguarding Coordinator course is for you.
The Safeguarding Coordinator course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review