Mandatory Training Group
Add to basket or enquire
Safeguarding Children Level 2 - Online CPD Training Course
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's online safeguarding children training course. This safeguarding children e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers who work with vulnerable children and young people.
Study method - Online, self-paced (1-2 study hours)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Certification Service
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online safeguarding children training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
We can also provide classroom based training at any suitable UK venue. Contact our Support Team by telephone or via Email to make a booking.
The content of this online safeguarding children training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this safeguarding children e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about health and safety awareness in the workplace and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete this safeguarding children training course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this safeguarding children course are:
- To provide an clear understanding on the legislation regarding safeguarding children
- To inform learners about their responsibilities in safeguarding vulnerable children from harm, neglect and abuse
- To prevent harm and to reduce the risk of abuse or neglect to children
- To provide essential child protection training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this Safeguarding Children Level 2 online course?
This safeguarding children online training course covers the following:
- An introduction to the key principles of safeguarding children
- Understanding why is safeguarding children
- Awareness of the Human Rights of Children - The United Nation's Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- An understanding of what safeguarding children means
- An awareness of key safeguarding children legislation
- An understanding of the common terms used in safeguarding children
- An understanding of the complex nature of child abuse
- The 'Toxic Trio' in relation to safeguarding children
- An awareness of the main types of abuse in children and young people
- An awareness of the dangers of radicalisation of children and young people
- An awareness of the dangers of child trafficking
- An awareness of female genital mutilation (FGM) in girls and young women
- Awareness of the risks (to children and young people) from the internet and social networking sites
- Emerging themes in relation to child protection, safeguarding children and young people
- Knowing what to do if a child or young person discloses abuse
- Knowing what to do if you suspect child abuse
- Understanding your responsibilities in protecting children and young adults from abuse
- Where to find useful information and resources regarding the safeguarding of children (online child protection learning resources)
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group’s online training courses?
There are benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your e-learning training provider, including:
- Over 1000 training courses available
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e learning provider
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- interactive online learning courses
- free blended learning environment for individuals and organizations
- competitively priced online training courses
- meet UK compliance requirements
- reduce organizational carbon footprint
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimize travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimize hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
Safeguarding Children Level 2 - Online CPD Training Course
Who is this course for?
The Mandatory Training Group’s Safeguarding Children training course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff who come into contact with children and young people. This includes:
- unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS
- locum doctors
- locum allied health professionals
- agency nurses
- Healthcare assistants.
- Private hospital staff
- Healthcare professionals
- Agency workers
- Healthcare clinical staff
This safeguarding children online course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff (including children’s services, children’s care homes. Nurseries and other community settings).
This safeguarding children course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This online safeguarding children course covers the main points relating to the safeguarding of children and child protection legislation and professional guidelines. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
Access to desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device.
The Mandatory Training Group’s online courses range from introductory modules at Level 1 to advanced and expert modules up to Level 6.
Our e-learning modules count towards CPD hours for professionals in various sectors to meet mandatory and statutory requirements.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How long does the course last for before refreashing the course?
Good afternoon Thank you for your message You have 365 days to complete the course upon your purchase date If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
how do you register and start the course
Good morning Thank you for your message To enrol onto an e-learning course through our website, please add the course to your basket. From there, you will be able to go to our secure checkout page to complete your booking and make payment using credit/debit card. Once your payment has been confirmed, you will receive a booking confirmation email with a receipt. Thanks Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this for teachers too? The link has been provided by a supply teacher's agency.
Good morning Anne Many thanks for your message The Safeguarding Children training course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff who come into contact with children and young people including teachers. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us Kind regards Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.