Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This Advanced Child Safeguarding – Level 2 course is designed to train teachers, childminders, child care practitioner, social workers, youth workers and other professionals who work with children. As an adult, it is your legal responsibility to have a comprehensive understanding of safeguarding laws, policies and procedures to ensure the welfare of children under your care and supervision.
In this in-depth training course, you’ll receive practical training on the fundamentals of safeguarding, such as recognising when a child is at risk of abuse, the national safeguarding framework, how to make a referral and when to report your safeguarding concerns.
By the end of this training course, you will have in-depth knowledge of the key principles of child safeguarding, safeguarding laws and how to take appropriate action if you suspect a case of abuse or neglect.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of child safeguarding laws, policies and practices
- Conduct a single assessment to evaluate the needs of a child
- Identify the different types of abuse: physical, emotional, sexual, neglect
- Spot the signs of abuse in children and recognise when a child is at risk
- Report safeguarding concerns and know when to make a referral
- Understand the safeguarding framework for promoting the welfare of children
- Ensure their competency in child care
- Understand what happens after a safeguarding referral and understand the role of social care services
- Recognise what constitutes a high-risk safeguarding situation
- Identify the 5 ps in child protection and the objectives of the child protection plan
Key Features of Child Safeguarding - Level 2
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- CPD accredited, quality training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified safeguarding professionals
- Self-paced laptop/tablet/smartphone-friendly learning
- 24/7 Learning support and assistance
*** Additional Gifts ***
Free Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness Course
- Demonstrate knowledge of how COVID-19 emerged
- Understand how COVID-19 spreads and how to prevent it from spreading
- Identify the symptoms of COVID-19 and which groups of individuals are most at risk
- Comply with government health guidelines and maintain excellent hygiene
Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding
In module one, we will learn the definition of safeguarding, the importance of safeguarding, safeguarding roles and responsibilities, and child protection policies.
Module 2: Laws and Guidance
In module two, we will explore the UK laws and key legislation behind safeguarding children, outlining the fundamental points of each act. We will also take a look at child safeguarding policies and guidelines.
Module 3: Child Abuse
In module three, we will gain an in-depth understanding of what constitutes abuse and neglect, the different types of abuse, and how to identify the signs of a child at risk.
Module 4: Sexual Abuse
In module 4, we will learn about child sexual exploitation, the types of sexual abuse, the characteristics of sexual offenders, and the common patterns and signs of child sexual abuse.
Module 5: Risks and Risk Assessment
In module 5, you will be guided on how to assess if a child is at risk of harm, how to recognize a high-risk situation, and will explore the steps in the single assessment process.
Module 6: Responding to Disclosure and Reporting
In module 6, we will learn about the protocol on sharing information that has been disclosed by a child, your ‘duty of care’, and how to take appropriate action when making referrals to social care services.
Module 7: Things to Do after Referral
In module 7, you will learn how to make a referral to social services, what should be included in your referral, and what to do if you disagree with the decision made.
Module 8: Record Keeping
The final module takes a look at record-keeping procedures and policies, including which documents should be included in safeguarding records, and the policy regarding sharing information.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
At the end of the course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself.
Who is this course for?
There are no particular learning requirements for this introductory safeguarding training course, which is ideal for those who work with children or are responsible for caring for children, such as:
- Pediatric Nurses
- Social Workers
- Child Care Worker
- Anyone in a profession where children are under their supervision
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.