Safeguarding Children Level 1 + 2 – CPD Accredited – Online Training Course
Welcome to LearnPac’s online safeguarding children training course. This safeguarding children e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and OFSTED recommendations for healthcare and social care providers.
Study method - Online, self-paced ( 1-2 study hours)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Certification Service
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course(s)
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review !
How am I assessed and certified for this safeguarding children course?
At the end of this safeguarding children e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online safeguarding children training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
What are the aims of this online safeguarding children course?
The aims of this safeguarding children course are to:
- To provide an clear understanding on the legislation regarding the safeguarding of vulnerable children and young adults across the UK
- To inform learners about their responsibilities in safeguarding vulnerable children and protecting them from harm, neglect and abuse
- To prevent harm and to reduce the risk of abuse or neglect to children
- To provide essential child protection training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
*This introductory safeguarding children course provides adequate e-learning materials as recommended by UK regulators.
What are the objectives of this safeguarding children online courses?
The objectives of this online safeguarding children training course are to:
- Provide essential safeguarding children training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
- Additional e-learning materials that can be used as quick references during the courses and in the workplace
- End of course knowledge assessments that will generate a FREE CPD certificate
- FREE blended learning environment for individuals and organisations
What is covered in this online safeguarding children training course?
This online safeguarding children training course covers the following:
- An introduction to the key principles of safeguarding children
- Understanding why safeguarding children is important
- Awareness of the Human Rights of Children – The United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- An understanding of what safeguarding children means
- An awareness of key safeguarding children legislation
- An understanding of the common terms used in safeguarding children
- An understanding of the complex nature of child abuse
- The ‘Toxic Trio’ in relation to safeguarding children
- An awareness of the main types of abuse in children and young people
- An awareness of the dangers of radicalisation of children and young people
- An awareness of the dangers of child trafficking
- An awareness of female genital mutilation (FGM) in girls and young women
- Awareness of the risks (to children and young people) from the internet and social networking sites
- Emerging themes in relation to child protection, safeguarding children and young people
- Knowing what to do if a child or young person discloses abuse
- Knowing what to do if you suspect child abuse
- Understanding your responsibilities in protecting children and young adults from abuse
- Where to find useful information and resources regarding the safeguarding of children (online child protection learning resources)
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework.
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide, clinical and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online safeguarding children training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ safeguarding children e-learning courses?
The benefits of using LearnPac Systems’ online safeguarding children training in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- FREE CPD certificate printed on completion of e-learning course
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessments
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Safeguarding Children Level 1 + 2 – CPD Accredited – Online Training Course
Who is this course for?
LearnPac’s online safeguarding children courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes :
- unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS
- locum doctors
- locum allied health professionals
- agency nurses
- Healthcare assistants.
- Private hospital staff
- Healthcare professionals
- Agency workers
- Healthcare clinical staff
These safeguarding children training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
Access to desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device.
LearnPac’s online courses range from introductory modules at Level 1 to advanced and expert modules up to Level 6.
Our e-learning modules count towards CPD hours for professionals in various sectors to meet mandatory and statutory requirements.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
D D asked:
I want to work with children,which courses should i do?I would like to know if you give seperate certificates for the combined level 1 & 2 course.
Good morning Thank you for your email for individual Level 1 and Level 2 safeguarding children certificates, please complete the below courses; Care Certificate Standard 11 Safeguarding Children Level 1 + 2 If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks LearnPac Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am going to start coaching 7 and 8 year olds Tag Rugby. What safe guarding course would I need.
Good afternoon Thank you for your message Our safeguarding children course will be suitable for your needs This covers all UK legislation and guidelines relating to child welfare and safeguarding If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks LearnPac Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Nicola Burcher asked:
Do I have to complete the level 1&2 course all in one go or can I stop and pick it up again at a later time? how long does it take? Thanks Nicola
Hi Nicola The course is combined, however it is self-paced so you can complete this in multiple sessions if you wish You have 365 days from the purchase date to access and complete the materials and assessments Thanks LearnPac Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Charles Innes asked:
Hello Roughly how many online hourse does the Level 1 Safeguarding course take? Thank you Charles Innes
Good morning Thank you for your message This course takes on average 30 - 45 minutes, depending on your experience and attitude towards the learning materials Thanks LearnPac Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can you finish the course earlier if you study for longer hours ?
Good afternoon Thank you for your message This course is completely self-paced. You can take as long as you want to complete the course and have up to 365 days to access all of the learning materials If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks LP Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you send a hard copy certificate or you just issue electronic one
Good morning Thank you for your message We currently offer PDF/electronic for all of our online training courses We are in the process of making hard copies available to learners Thanks LearnPac Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is safeguarding children level 1&2 a refresher course or suitable for those who want to start a career with children n have no previous training?
Good morning Thank you for your message This course is ideal for learners looking to refresh their knowledge on Safeguarding legislation and best practice. It will also cover the basic fundamentals of Safeguarding within the content to meet the Level 1 outcomes If you have any further questions, please let us know Thanks LearnPac Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
nicola Burcher asked:
Do I get a Certificate for completing the course? Thanks Nicola
Hi Nicola Yes, all of our online training courses have a certificate of completion upon successfully completing the assessments Thanks LearnPac Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.