Add to basket or enquire
Embark on a transformative journey of knowledge and empathy with our comprehensive course, "Vulnerability, Abuse & Safeguarding."
In this course, you will gain a deep understanding of the intricate systems and procedures surrounding adult safeguarding, response protocols to suspected abuse or neglect, the importance of whistleblowing and information sharing, and safeguarding vulnerable children and young individuals. Moreover, you will explore the fundamental principles that underpin the protection of vulnerable adults, restraint, and deprivation of liberty, and discover the essential measures to safeguard against abuses and promote online safety. By the end of this course, you will possess a unique set of skills and knowledge that will empower you to contribute towards a safer and more secure society.
In the era of Dickens, an era characterised by dramatic scenes of vulnerability, abuse, and lack of safeguarding, untold numbers of adults and children were left scarred. Today, we are better. We understand the pivotal role we play in responding, preventing, and combating these issues. Safeguarding: Response to Suspected or Disclosed Abuse or Neglect course is an essential lantern lighting up dark corners of society, revealing the harsh realities of vulnerability, abuse, and the ever-important measures of safeguarding.
- Develop an understanding of the systems and procedures associated with adult safeguarding, reducing vulnerability and increasing protection against abuse.
- Gain the skills necessary to respond effectively to suspected or disclosed abuse or neglect, enhancing safeguarding strategies.
- Understand the complexities of whistleblowing and the crucial role of information sharing in safeguarding vulnerable individuals.
- Learn to safeguard a child or young person, applying specific measures to reduce their vulnerability and protect them from abuse.
- Become familiar with the principles necessary to safeguard vulnerable adults, strengthening their shield against abuse.
- Grasp the implications of restrictive practices, restraint, deprivation of liberty, and their intersections with vulnerability and abuse in safeguarding scenarios.
In a world all too familiar with vulnerability and abuse, safeguarding shines as a beacon of hope. This course empowers you to be that beacon. Across seven comprehensive modules, we delve into the intricacies of safeguarding, exploring key aspects of vulnerability and abuse. Module by module, you'll gain a deeper understanding of adult safeguarding, learning to effectively respond to disclosures of abuse or neglect.
Vulnerability, Abuse & Safeguarding Course Curriculum:
- Module 01: Systems & Procedures Relating to Adult Safeguarding
- Module 02: Response to Suspected or Disclosed Abuse or Neglect
- Module 03: Whistleblowing and Information Sharing
- Module 04: Safeguarding a Child or Young Person
- Module 05: Principles to Safeguard Vulnerable Adults
- Module 06: Restrictive Practices, Restraint, Deprivation of Liberty
- Module 07: Abuses and Individual Vulnerability and Online Safety Measures
Through a series of seven modules, you will delve into various aspects of safeguarding, including adult safeguarding systems and procedures, responding to abuse or neglect, whistleblowing and information sharing, safeguarding children and young individuals, principles of safeguarding vulnerable adults, and deprivation of liberty, as well as individual vulnerability and online safety measures. This course equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to navigate the complex landscape of safeguarding effectively.
Who is this course for?
- Social workers, keen to deepen their understanding of safeguarding vulnerable individuals, particularly in situations of abuse or neglect.
- Teachers and school administrators, looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of the roles they play in safeguarding students from abuse.
- Law enforcement officers, who interact with vulnerable individuals and are often in a position to detect and respond to abuse.
- Health care professionals, such as nurses and doctors, who need to understand their roles in safeguarding their patients from potential abuse.
- Parents and guardians, interested in understanding how to better safeguard their children from potential harm or abuse.
For this course, you don't need any formal qualifications.
- Safeguarding Officer: Median salary of £30,000 annually in the UK.
- Child Protection Officer: Median salary of £34,000 annually in the UK.
- Adult Safeguarding Lead in Health Care: Median salary of £45,000 annually in the UK.
- Social Worker specialising in safeguarding: Median salary of £32,000 annually in the UK.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion - Digital certificate
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of completion - Hard copy certificate
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
Inside the UK student have to pay an additional delivery fee of £10, whereas International students are required to pay an additional fee of £19.99 to receive a hard copy of the certificate delivered to their address.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.