Add to basket or enquire
Safe Handling of Medication Level 2 – CPD Certified - Online Training Course
Welcome to Mandatory Compliance's online Safe Handling of Medication training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online Safe Handling of Medication training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your Safe Handling of Medication training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Key points about your online training courses
Study method - Online, self-paced (1-2 study hours)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion (CPD Certification Service)
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Assessment and certification
At the end of this Safe Handling of Medication e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online Safe Handling of Medication training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your Safe Handling of Medication e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your Safe Handling of Medication online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
Why is Safe Handling of Medication training important?
The aim of this Safe Handling and Administration of Medication training is to update or impart medication knowledge in accordance with your organisations policies and procedures. The course is essential for nurses and support workers who need to safely handle and administer medication on a daily basis.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this Safe Handling of Medication training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation and guidelines regarding the management of medication management
- Provide an understanding of the ordering, receiving, administering, storing and disposing of medicines safely.
- Identify the processes and procedures for obtaining and receiving supplies
- Explain how drugs are administered and how problems may occur
- Describe how to store and dispose of drugs safely and securely
- State the principles underpinning the proper administration of medication
- Outline the principal legal aspects of handling medicines.
- To provide essential medication management training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online Safe Handling of Medication course?
This Safe Handling of Medication e-learning course covers the following:
- Introduction into the Safe Handling of Medication
- Legislation and guidance of medication management
- Key principles of medication management
- Service user needs assessment
- The consent to treatment
- Obtaining medication
- General support with medications
- The principles of safe administration of medicines
- Awareness of specific medications
- Practical considerations for safe management of medicines
- Service users with swallowing difficulties
- Covert administration of medicines
- Record keeping
- Self-administration of medicines
- Safe disposal of medicines
- Dealing with significant events involving
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, Mandatory Compliance works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online Safe Handling of Medication course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Safe Handling of Medication Level 2 – CPD Certified - Online Training Course
Who is this course for?
This Safe Handling of Medication and Administration of medicines e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online Safe Handling of Medication courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These Safe Handling of Medication training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this Safe Handling of Medication e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
This Mandatory Compliance's Safe Handling of Medication training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g. doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.