This fully accredited Risk Assessment course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment process so they understand the legal requirements, how to assess and manage hazards, and how to perform a risk assessment in their premises.
This Risk Assessment course incorporates great content with the latest e-learn technology and this, combined with our dedication to supporting our learners, has resulted in a pass rate of 100% for all learners!
This Risk Assessment course helps learners understand each of the key steps of a risk assessment, including how to identify risks, manage hazards and determine the likelihood of harm, so that they are confident in carrying out a risk assessment in their own premises.
The course is divided into 5 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end:
- Introduction to Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? Why are risk assessments important? Who should carry out a risk assessment? Common causes of workplace injuries.
- Legal Responsibilities – the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, other regulations, approved codes of practice, employer responsibilities and law enforcement.
- Identifying the Risks – the steps of a risk assessment, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, evaluate the risks, the likelihood of risk, the severity of harm and the degree of risk.
- Reducing the Likelihood of Harm – decide on precautions, the hierarchy of control measures, engineering controls, administrative controls, personal protective equipment and further help.
- Recording and Reviewing the Results – record your findings and implement them, download a risk assessment template and review and update.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Be able to explain the five key steps of risk assessments
- Understand the types of accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur as a result of failing to manage health and safety.
- Be able to describe the difference between near misses and accidents
- Understand the 3 types of risk assessments
- Be able to identify vulnerable groups of people
- Explain the legislation associated with risk assessments
- Feel confident to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of the workplace
This Intellelearn Risk Assessment course includes:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone at anytime
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Accredited by both iirsm and CPD
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
This Risk Assessment online course is fully accredited by both iirsm (International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) and CPD. You will be able to instantly download and print your certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course. This qualification is universally accepted by all employers.
This Risk Assessment course is accessed through a dedicated learner portal and you will be provided the easy to use login details. The course is divided into modules with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the modules you can access a quiz which consists of 20 multiple choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Once you have passed the course you can download your course certificate in PDF from your learner area. If you don't pass the course first time, don't worry, you can resit the test as many times as required.
The Risk Assessment course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course. Remember: your success is our success!
Who is this course for?
This Risk Assessment course is designed for everyone whether you are an employer, a manager, a supervisor or an operator regardless of the industry or environment that you work in.
The course is also a great introduction to Health and Safety practices for individuals wanting to develop a career within Health and Safety. If you are looking for work, this qualification is a great addition to any CV.
There are no entry requirements for this course other than a commitment to learn.
This Risk Assessment course can be a major stepping stone to a career in Health and Safety management. The course is also a great addition to any list of qualifications as both iirsm and CPD are nationally recognised and respected accreditation bodies.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.