Retail is a growing industry, and there’s plenty of options for you if you’re interested in a retail career!
The Retail Assistant Training is designed to provide you with a solid understanding of the most in-demand retail skills and introduce you to the best practices for developing your expertise in project and people management, leadership, sales and customer service, operations, etc.
This comprehensive course is full of information and discusses strong leadership and the ability to train and supervise others, oversee stores, display goods, provide information on products and prices, and many more. Moreover, explore how to deal with difficult and sometimes unexpected situations and be able to work effectively within a team.
Retail Assistant Training is suitable for anyone aspiring to or already working in this field or simply want to learn deeper into the retail industry.
To make this course more accessible for you, we have designed it for both part-time and full-time students. This course is packed into the bite-size module for your convenience. You can study at your own pace or become accredited within hours!
If you require support, our experienced tutors are always available to help you throughout the comprehensive syllabus of this course and answer all your queries through email.
What will you learn in this Retail Assistant Training:
Module 1: An Overview of Retailing
- Importance of Retailing
- The retail sector in the UK: definition and statistics
- The economic contribution of the retail sector
- Retail sales
- Pressures on the retail sector
Module 2: Retail Strategy
- The function of a strategy
- Retailers classified by marketing Strategies
- Operating expenses and profits
- Assessing competitors current strategies
Module 3: Retail Environment
- Actors are the retailer's microenvironment
- Forces in the retailer's macro environment
Module 4: The Retailing Industry and Sales Occupations
- Trends in employment
- Culture and competitive strengths
- The nature and impact of change
Module 5: Selling Basics
- Five Types of Selling
- The Selling Process
- Performance indicator of retail Businesses
- 5P’s of selling
- Examples of strategies
- Relationships with suppliers – the foundations of success
Module 6: The Skills Required for Sales Assistant
- Basic skills
- Other skills or abilities sought of sales assistants
- Changing skill requirements
- Deskilling or reskilling?
Module 7: People Management and Leadership
- Principles Of Leadership: Adair’s Three-Circle Diagram
- Learning from other industries
- Leading your team
- The 12-Step Process For Improving Your People Management Skills
Module 8: Familiarise with the Store Activity
- Five activities of a retail store
- Inventory Management in Retail Store
- Security systems in retail stores
Module 9: Introduction to Retail Food Safety Practice
- Food Hygiene Essentials
- Food Safety Management Procedures
- Rooms where Food is Prepared, Treated or Processed
Module 10: Merchandising
- Introduction to Merchandising
- Visual Merchandising
- Product and Merchandise Display Planning
- Concept of 5S
- Inventory Management
- Inventory management types
Module 11: Laws Regarding Selling Products
- Equipment and records
- Product labelling: the law
- Distance selling
- Accepting returns and giving refunds: the law
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate by paying a little processing fee of £2. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
Who is this course for?
Retail Assistant Training is suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field.
Retail Assistant Training is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there are no specific requirements to attend this course. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc.
This course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Rooksana Kapadia asked:
is the course free for people on benifits
Hi Rooksana, Thanks for your query. No this course is not free for benefits people. Many thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is there a age limit
Dear Henry, Good morning. Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification. Those who are below 16, they should send an email with their parental consent. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.