Add to basket or enquire
The restaurant management diploma is a comprehensive online course to provide you with everything you need to know to become a successful restaurant manager. The course provides you with insight, information, skills and advice to help you fulfil your role as a restaurant manager and exceed your clients' expectations on a daily basis.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Introduction to the Restaurant Management Diploma
This course is broken into manageable modules which you can access online. The course is accessible on any device, so you can study from anywhere with an internet connection using your PC, laptop, tablet or phone.
During your studies you will have access to online support who can guide and assist you and provide you with the support you need to complete your studies and obtain your certification. When you reach the end of the modules, you will be required to pass a multiple choice test. The test has questions on what you have learned. On passing, you will be able to immediately download and print your certificate.
In the event that you don't pass the test the first time, you will be given a second chance to take the test once you have reviewed the modules again and are confident that you know everything you need to know.
What you Will Learn
This comprehensive Restaurant Management diploma will teach you the following:
- An introduction to the front of house of a restaurant.
- The role of a restaurant manager in all types of restaurants anywhere in the world.
- Learn about the different types of restaurant establishments and layouts.
- Know the importance of excellent customer service within the hospitality industry.
- Learn how to deal with customer complaints in a calm and effective manner to ensure the client will return again in the future.
- Know your drinks. Knowing your drinks is imperative as a restaurant manager, along with how to serve them correctly.
- Get to know your food. The importance of knowing every aspect of the menu, what is in each dish and food allergies.
- Know the different restaurant licensing laws. This also covers the importance of age verification and what you can accept to verify the age of your clients.
- Learn various restaurant system checklists. Know what checklists you need, how to put them in place and how to monitor them to ensure the restaurant runs smoothly at all times.
- Know the health and safety laws associated with a restaurant from front of house to the kitchen, food safety and more.
- Be up to date with restaurant terminology that you may encounter from time to time.
Benefits of the Restaurant Management Diploma
This diploma is designed to provide you with the information, insight, knowledge and skill you will need to manage any restaurant. You will have the ability to work as a restaurant manager at a five star hotel or a local eatery.
The benefits of this training course include:
- Improve your career prospects.
- Fast track your career if you are already working within the restaurant industry.
- Appeal to potential employers with an industry recognised certification.
- Know what is expected of you and complete your duties with complete confidence.
- Easy and comprehensive syllabus that you can rely on.
- Study at your own pace with no deadlines or set schedules.
- Study from anywhere with internet access using any device.
- Have online support throughout your studies to guide and assist you.
- No entry requirements. You don't have to have restaurant experience in order to complete this course.
- Affordable one-off fee.
- Second chance to complete the test in the event you do fail. You will have time to review the modules and retake the test in your own time.
- Work full time and study in your spare time.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 21 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1 : Introduction to Front-of-House Hospitality
- Module 2 : The Role of Restaurant Manager
- Module 3 : Types of Dining Establishments, Restaurant Layouts, and Decor.
- Module 4 : Customer Service
- Module 5 : Dealing with Customer Complaints
- Module 6 : Know Your Drinks
- Module 7 : Know Your Food
- Module 8 : Restaurant Licensing Laws
- Module 9 : Building Guest Services Around Excellence
- Module 10 : A Restaurant System of Checklists
- Module 11 : The Importance of Teamwork
- Module 12 : Health and Safety Laws
- Module 13 : Health, Safety and Restaurant Management
- Module 14 : Dealing with Inspections
- Module 15 : Digital Technology and Restaurant POS Systems
- Module 16 : Dealing With Staff
- Module 17 : Planning and Pricing a Menu
- Module 18 : Restaurant Operations
- Module 19 :Upselling Strategies
- Module 20 : Restaurant Entertainment and Music Licensing
- Module 21 : Restaurant Branding, Marketing, Promotions and Decor
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How come the course follows the exact same layout and module titles as one offered by be-a? It seems as though the course has just been copied
Hi Megan, it's actually the same course. We are partners with Be-A Education.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If I have only the level 1 certificate in hospitality can i do the course? After this course after you have the certificate you can work anywhere?
It covers the procedures involved in Restaurant Service & Management but obviously companies willing to hire you may require some work experience.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Which university or college granted this certificate .
It's not a college or University. It's a CPD Certified Certificate issued by Learning247.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.