Add to basket or enquire
Residential Letting Agents are a key part of the residential lettings process, acting on behalf of the property’s landlord to find tenants to rent their property. Enrol on the Residential Lettings Course and learn everything you need to succeed in the residential lettings industry.
The Residential Lettings Course has been designed by our expert team to teach you about the various aspects of working as a Residential Letting Agent. Take a deep dive into the property management process and learn exactly how a residential lettings agency works with the Residential Lettings Course.
Enrolling on the Residential Lettings Course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the property management and estate management sector. The Residential Lettings Course will provide you with knowledge about the legal requirements for letting agents and the GDPR rules you will have to consider. Gain step-by-step insight into the process of listing properties and effectively marketing them to find the perfect tenants. Explore the letting process and the requirements of a tenancy agreement with the Residential Lettings Course. Start learning on the Residential Lettings Course today and discover how to keep tenants in your properties on a long-term basis.
What Will I Learn from This Residential Lettings Course:
- Learn about the different types of letting agencies
- Understand the operating costs of letting agencies
- Gain insight into the legal requirements of letting agencies
- Discover the best way to list your properties
- Understand how to market your properties to ensure they’re never empty for long
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the property management and estate management process
- Learn how to create a tenancy agreement
- Discover how to keep tenants in your properties on a long-term basis
Why People Love And Enrol The Residential Lettings Course From One Education
- Eligibility for an IAO & CPD-accredited certificate on successful completion of Residential Lettings Course
- Learning materials of our Residential Lettings course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Freedom to study at your own pace
- 24/7 access to the Residential Lettings course materials for 12 months
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
Course Curriculum Of The Residential Lettings Course
Here is a detailed course curriculum breakdown of the Residential Lettings Course
Module 1: A Look Inside a Letting Agency
- What Is a Letting Agency?
- Who Is a Letting Agent?
- What Are the Types of Letting Agencies?
- What Are the Records that a Letting Agent Keeps?
- What Are the Staffing Requirements of a Letting Agency
- What Are the Questions Landlord/ Property Owner Asks before Hiring
- What Are The Specific Services Offered by Letting Agencies?
- What Are the Skills & Qualities for Running a Letting Agency
Module 2: Operating Cost
- General Operating Cost
- Fees and Charges for Tenants & Landlords
- How a Letting Agent Makes Money?
Module 3: Legal Requirement for Letting Agents
- Registering with a Redress Scheme
- Tenant Fees Act
- GDPR for Letting Agent
- Tenancy Deposit Protection
- Safety Requirements and Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Gas and Electric appliances
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Safety
- The Non-resident Landlords Scheme
Module 4 – Listing Properties and Marketing
- Registering Landlord and Property Details
- Property Valuations and Appraisals
- Consents to Let the Property
- Advice on Presentation of the Property
- The Sales Pitch
- Information to Record
- Creating Eye-catching Adverts for Properties
- Service Agreements
- Property Details Form
- Verifying Ownership of the Property
Module 5 – The Letting Process and Tenancy Agreement
- Registering Potential Applicants’ Details
- Safety and Security
- Processing Applications
- Inventory and Schedule of Condition
- Tenancy Agreements and Types of Tenancy
- Executing the Tenancy Agreement
- Other Documents
- Check-In Process
- Post-Check-In Procedures
- Serving Notice and Notice Periods
Module 6 – The Property Management Process
- Property Management Overview
- Rent Collection
- Dealing with Late Payments
- Property Inspections
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Qualifying Suitable Contractors
- Planning for Maintenance Work
- Major Works
- Paying Contractors
- Tenancy Renewals
- Rental Increases
- Check-Out Process
- Claims for Dilapidations
- Returning the Deposit
- Dealing with Problem Tenants and Other Issues
- Useful Resources
Module 7 - Keeping Tenants Long Term
- Make a Good First Impression
- Happy Tenants Means Lower Turnover
- What Makes Tenants Happy?
- Respecting Your Tenants’ Privacy
- Increasing the Rent
- Renewing the Lease
- Showing Appreciation for Tenants
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple-choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for an IAO & CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
After completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the IAO & CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, for £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, for just £15.
Who is this course for?
This Residential Lettings Course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in residential lettings
- People already working in related fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Residential Lettings Course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Residential Lettings Course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Residential Lettings Course will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this course. This Residential Lettings Course also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.