European Energy Centre
You currently have an opportunity to take the Renewable Energy Expert Certificate (with your choice of specialisation) with 50% funding online. This pathway includes three of the EEC's Renewable Energy courses.
The downloadable course materials, videos, optional one-to-one live tutorial and remote examination for the Galileo Master Certificate can all be accessed from your location.
Renewable Energy Expert Certificate Pathway: if you choose to enrol on the 3 below distance learning courses, and you pass the respective Galileo Master Certificate (GMC) exams, you will be awarded the Renewable Energy Expert Certificate.
Course 1. Renewable Energy Management and Finance
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Renewable Energy Finance
- Feed-in Tariff
- Project Finance calculations 1
- Basic technical calculations – energy, economics, emissions
- EIA and LCA reports
- Project Finance calculations 2
- Government policy and support schemes – UN, EU, UK
- Project Finance examples
- Practical International Case Studies
- Remote exam for Galileo Master Certificate (optional)
- Certificate of Participation provided
Course 2. Renewable Energy Solutions
- Introduction of the module and overview of the different renewable technologies
- Government incentive, climate change, energy, assessment (LEED, BREEAM, EPC)
- Choosing the best renewable energy options
- Benefits, applications and case studies for each technology:
- Renewable Energy Technologies: Solar Geometry, Solar Chimneys, Solar Wall, Natural Ventilation, Passive Solar Heating House/ Design, Solar Water Heating, Photovoltaic, Wind Technology, Biomass Heating
- Other Energy Saving Technologies: GSHP, UTES, Geometry, CHP, Tri Generation, Rainwater Harvesting, Fuel Cell, Earth duct: Canadian/Provencal Wheel, Light pipe
- Review of each technology
- Payback time considerations
- Combining renewable energy technologies
- Software available
Certificate of Participation provided.
Galileo Master Certificate (GMC), Internationally recognised: provided to successful candidates of remote exam
Course 3. Specialisation Course
Choose your online specialisation course from the following EEC online courses:
- Solar Photovoltaic
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Wind Power
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for individuals considering a consultancy job and those who have to evaluate the benefits of adopting renewable energy technology. Additionally, it is great for anyone wanting a comprehensive introduction to Renewable Energy and the industry.
There are no entry requirements for this course as it will go from the fundamentals to more advanced topics over the two days of teaching.
Participants have gone on to start their own businesses, become consultants, work for large organisations and multi-national companies.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Mike Barnes asked:
Can you tell me what Renewable Energy Expert Certificate is equivalent to in terms of qualification level
Hi there Mike, Our training courses are aimed towards professional development, and they work towards CPD (Continuous Professional Development) hours, so this is vocational training opposed to academic. Our training courses are aimed at individuals who are looking to move in to a career in the renewable energy sector, or enhance their career within it. I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How can we ship to employees about validation.
Hi Praahanth, The Galileo Master Certificate is an internationally recognised certificate within the Renewable Energy Industry. It shows that the participant has worked towards a certain amount of CPD hours in that subject area and has a thorough understanding and competency at that level. If the courses are completed through distance learning, then a digital copy of the GMC for each course will be sent to the participant upon passing each exam. I hope this helps! DeborahThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.