Practical Training for Professionals
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Location & dates
A quick question for you
How much more successful would you be if your valued customers, suppliers and business partners were willing, capable and active in accurately communicating what you do and why you are better and different than your competitors, to the people in their own network?p>
We live in a challenging business world, one where transacting business increasingly relies on the ability to develop relationships based on trust, integrity and delivering exceptional value. Anyone who knows anything about sales will tell you that positive word-of-mouth advertising is the most powerful way of attracting new business.
The clients that you have delivered exceptional value to are generally more than happy to spread the word about you and the products and/or services you sell. If you are even remotely successful in business you will know people who are willing and able to introduce you to the people they know. However they might not know it yet!
There are three reasons why you might not be getting the volume of referrals you would like:
1) You haven?t asked for them!
2) You haven?t provided sufficient incentive for people to be on the look-out for people they know who they could refer to you
3) You haven?t trained people in what to look for and what to do when they come across someone who might be in the market for what you do
The challenge for you is to choose people you already know and inspire them to work hard on your behalf to make contact with people in their network to whom they can introduce you and your business. The people who do this for you are known as your advocates.
Some people are uncomfortable with the idea of inviting their close friends, colleagues and associates to become advocates. Often this is an unsubstantiated myth as the majority of the people who are close to you are more than happy to actively support you. The key is often in the way they are engaged. This course provides scripts based on actual conversations that, when rehearsed, makes communicating with advocates easy and mutually rewarding.
This course introduces you to a simple yet proven 7-step system to deliver more business through word-of-mouth advertising. By following this simple and proven process you will not only generate some fantastic new and mutually rewarding relationships you will also train your advocates in a system that, if they are also in sales, they themselves could use.
Referral Marketing - Timetable
9:30 - 10:00 Getting to know your fellow participants and personal objectives
10:00 - 10:30 Overview of Referral Marketing including the key principles adopted by top class salespeople:
- Having a referral system
- Spotting opportunities
- ‘Working the net'
- Outstanding relationship skills
- ‘Giver's gain'
10:30 - 11.00 15 ways to inspire the people you know to become active advocates of you and your business. How to engage, enthuse and inspire your advocates to provide you with a steady stream of high quality referrals
11:00 - 11.15 Break
11:15 - 12.00 Overview of the referral 7-step system
1) Know who you want to do business with, what products and services you want to sell to them and why you are better and different than the competition
2) Consider who in your network you would like to become your advocates and how you could inspire each one to work hard on your behalf to help you meet the people you want to do business with
3) Make contact with them and secure their approval and commitment to become your advocate
4) Train your advocate in how to make contact with the people in their network who you would like to meet and provide any necessary incentives, sales materials and ongoing support
5) The advocate makes contact with their network and passes on details to you of the prospects you want to do business with
6) You make contact with your new prospects and a new sales process begins
7) As the relationship with the new prospect unfolds you keep excellent records and keep your advocate informed
12:00 - 12.45 Lunch
12:45 - 13:15 Rehearsing the opening conversation with a potential advocate
13:15 - 14:15 Preparing for and rehearsing the training session you will have with your advocate to ensure they are able, willing and committed to following through and put you in touch with the people you would like to do business with.
14:15 - 14:30 Break
14:30 - 15:00 How to follow-up and ensure your advocate continues to deliver the introductions you want to make your business fly!
15:00 - 15:30 Troubleshooting - the top 5 reasons why your referral marketing strategy may not be delivering results
- Not adding sufficient value to the relationship
- Inappropriate choice of advocates
- Pushing too hard
- Not pushing hard enough
- Little or no follow-up
15:30 - 15:45 Reviewing the results of your referral marketing strategy and adjusting your approach to deliver outstanding results
15:45 - 16:15 Back home plan, translating the learning into a bespoke course of action to increase sales via word-of-mouth advertising
16:15 - 16: 30 Review of the course and final comments
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.