London School of Business and Communication
Add to basket or enquire
What would you say about a job interview in a locker room? Discover how you can easily recruit the right people using the right method.
The vast experience of the Human Resources professionals with whom we’ve worked on this online course proved that interviewing the candidates in unexpected places or situations is a valuable way of testing their real skills and personality, more effective than the classical job interview that could never give such genuine, real and unexpected information about the candidates.
One of our collaborators, the HR Manager of an oil company, recounted us about a job interview she had once for the position of Human Resources Manager in a factory with 350 employees, mostly unskilled workers. She went to the interview at the appointed time but she had to wait for 2 hours to start the interview that took place in the workers’ locker.
At the end of the interview, the recruiters told her she was not the right person for the job, although she had dealt very well with the situation and had perfectly answered the questions they asked her.
And here comes the interesting part. Actually, she got the job but how she was managing the negative response was the final test. Remember: The job interview or the testing is not finished when the candidate gets the so-called final result!
What was the purpose of that interview? The management was looking for a committed person, determined not to take a NO for granted, a person that doesn’t give up easily. There had been tested the candidate's strength of mind and ability to cope with difficult situations, to keep 350 men workers under control, to rein them in and make herself respected.
Are you interested in finding more on how you can easily recruit the right persons no matter how difficult the job is and how you can always master the job interview? If your answer is yes, we can show you how, because we know you can do it too.
We’ve gathered only certified knowledge and endorsed techniques based on years of valuable experience in human resources and we share it with you through this online course.
What separates the Recruiting and HR Professionals from the mediocre employees working in Human Resources is their willingness to see things also from a different perspective and approach different ways of improving their performance and the results of their work. Enroll now!
You will know how to:
- Recruit the right person for a specific job knowing what are the most relevant abilities, skills and competencies for that job
- Define the requirements and the candidate profile for a certain job
- Write an effective job ad and choose the most appropriate media channel to publish it
- Easily get only the relevant information when you analyze the resumes
- Prepare a successful interview step by step
- Ask the right questions in order to get the most out of a job interview
- Properly use the situational, the behavioral interview and the star technique
- Use the under stress, the panel and the group interview
- Effectively test the candidates
- Present to candidates the special clauses of mobility, non-competition and confidentiality
…and so much more
What do I get from this Human Resources course?
- 92 course pages in a premium business magazine format that you can easily print
- 18 real life examples with extra knowledge from the most experienced professionals
- 7 high quality infographics that help you understand everything easier and quickly
- 14 real cases practical applications with role playing for easily putting into practice everything you learn
- Feedback for every answer and option you choose on the real cases practical applications
- Full Guidance & Support
- Graduation Certificate downloadable as pdf and optionally the printed version
Module 1 - How We Can Always Recruit the Best People for Our Company
1.1. A very important recruitment issue - the difference between abilities, skills and competencies
1.2. Case study for understanding the competencies requested for a Manager position
1.3. The key questions we ask ourselves when we want to hire a new employee
1.4. How to define the job requirements and the candidate profile - case study for Executive Secretary
1.5. How to prepare the job offer and with whom we must consult for it
Module 2 - How to Write the Best Employment Ad. How to Analyze the Resumes
2.1. How to conceive the job announcement and what are its important elements
2.2. The most appropriate media channel: newspapers, internet, “in company” and what are the costs
2.3. Recommendations from my personal experience to increase the effectiveness of an employment ad
2.4. The key points that are important to consider when we analyze the resumes
Module 3 - Which Are the Concrete Steps for Conducting a Job Interview
3.1. How to prepare a successful interview
3.2. The magic questions used by HR professionals during the job interview
3.3. Using the situational and the behavioral interview, the star technique or the Skype interview
3.4. For what kind of jobs we use under stress, panel and group interview
3.5. What is the head-hunting and for what positions we can use it
3.6. How we can find out from a candidate testing what we could find in 10 hours of interview
3.7. When is the best time to discuss about special clauses: mobility, non-competition, confidentiality
Module 4 - The Integration of the New Employees and the Career Plan
4.1. What is the induction of a new employee and why it is important for the company
4.2. How we go through the 3 integration steps of the new employee
4.3. How to establish the integration period for each job
4.4. What documents and information we provide for integrating the new employee
4.5. Who are the most indicated people to integrate the new employee
4.6. How to ensure the professional training of the new employee
4.7. How to identify the need for training and how to elaborate the employee training plan
4.8. The 6 methods used by large companies for the internal training of their employees
4.9. How to elaborate more easily the Career Plan by dividing it into 5 major motivations
4.10. 12 real life certified methods for employees’ career development
4.11. How to apply the organizational culture for developing the employees’ career
- high-end quality courses in a premium business magazine format with engaging and captivating content.
- instant access to up to date valuable knowledge from the industry leading experts, that you can put into practice straightaway.
- clear and concise language easy to understand no matter the complexity of the topic.
- real life case studies with role playing for smoothly putting into practice everything you learn.
- captivating infographics that help you understand everything easier and quickly.
- relaxed course schedule - you are free to organize your time as you wish andyou can learn at your own pace 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- stress-free assessment methods - you can reattempt the course activities until you’re happy with the results.
- amazing customer service and administrative support from the moment you enroll until you complete your courses.
- certification - instant download your graduation certificate as pdf or get the official printed version.
- accessible learning – for many of our courses you don’t need previous experience or certain qualifications to enroll in.
- user friendly online learning platform – simple and easy to use for everyone.
How long will it take to complete my course?
The course takes 12 weeks and every week we recommend you to spend 3 to 5 hours learning and participating in your course activities, any day and time that suits you best.
How will I be assessed?
You can take all our courses even without being assessed. You decide how much you are willing to engage in your course. However, if you want to receive a certificate of completion, you have to get a pass mark (minimum 5/D) as a result of your participation in the course activities.
After each module, you will participate in real case simulations and practical applications in order to apply what you’ve just learned to actual real life situations. You will receive feedback for every solution you propose.
At the end you will attempt the final assessment in order to finish the course. Because the practical applications are the most important part in the learning process, the final assessment questions are quite easy to answer and the final assessment is only an official requirement, not a stressful exam. You don’t have to pay anything for the assessment.
Full Guidance & Support
When you enroll in a course with BigMainStreet, you will have a Tutor who will watch over your course progress and will send you notifications by phone or email whenever it will be necessary.
Who is this course for?
This Recruiting and Personnel Selection Course is for:
Anyone who wants to start a career in Human Resources
HR professionals looking to enhance their knowledge and skills
Business owners who need to better manage their employees
No prior knowledge is necessary.
Can I find a job easier by graduating this course?
By enrolling in this course, you will take part in a superior professional training program designed by specialists in their fields and you will get the practical knowledge that will definitely help you differentiate from other competitors when you will apply for a job or for a promotion.
- There is no previous experience or qualifications required for enrollment on this course. It is available to all students aged 18 or over, of all academic backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of English language is required to attend this course.
- You’ll need a computer or tab with an internet connection.
This Recruiting and Personnel Selection Course allows you to fulfill various roles, including:
Human Resources Assistant
Employee Relations Manager
HR Information Systems Manager
Human Resources Manager
Training & Development Manager
Labour Relations Manager
Senior HR Specialist
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this provider. Be the first to leave a review.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.