Does a career working in an office environment as a receptionist sound like the perfect way for you to move into a completely different industry? Are you aware of what is involved in such a role or perhaps you already believe that you understand it and yet have no idea how to move into this particular type of job? If any of that applies to you then our reception diploma course will be able to provide you with all of the answers and information that you will need to go on and have a successful career within this particular field.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Introduction to the Reception Diploma Course
Our reception diploma course is broken down into 17 easy to follow modules that will take you through the entire position and everything that you need to know in order to become a high-flying receptionist. This course has been designed to guide you through each and every part of being a receptionist from the tasks you will often have to carry out to dealing with people, the business environment and even the importance of correct communication.
By the end of the course you will have gained a wide range of skills that will allow you to not only work within this environment, but also do the job to a higher standard than before. It will allow you to get your foot on this particular career ladder and also help you to plan your future thanks to the skills and knowledge that you will gain from this diploma course.
What You Will Learn
As stated above, there are a number of areas that will be covered throughout this course. The modules take you through various aspects of the job including the different types of receptionists. After that, you will spend time looking at communication with particular interest in the art of talking on the telephone as well as how to leave messages. Communication forms a key role in the job and you will learn how to get your message across and do so in a professional and effective manner.
Furthermore, you will be taken through the use of databases as well as how to make appropriate bookings or reservations with this forming a key part of the entire job. Also, administration is a major part of the job with modules dedicated to that part of the industry as well as covering the legal aspect of things from confidentiality to health and safety issues as well as much more. This is often a role that is overlooked by those unaware of what is included in the job which is why those modules are of the utmost importance.
In addition, you will be taught how to run the reception area in an appropriate manner and also how to help your career to develop from being a receptionist to moving up higher in the administrative industry of which this is playing a key role. There is also a module that will teach you how to be a team player. Finally, you will be taught the importance of technology and the role it plays in the job as this is something that has a central role and failure to understand technology will certainly impede your ability to perform your job to the best of your ability.
In other words, you will learn:
- The key roles of a receptionist.
- How to run the reception area.
- How to communicate effectively.
- How to deal with administration.
- How to further your career.
- How to be a team player.
- How to use technology to your advantage.
- How to handle databases.
- How to make bookings and reservations.
- How to organise things correctly.
- And much more.
There are a number of major benefits of completing our receptionist diploma including the following:
- Easy to follow modules from start to finish.
- Work on the modules at your own pace.
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- Get an industry recognised certificate.
- Get full support during your studies.
- Have the chance to work in a brand new industry.
- Use any device in order to access the modules.
- Be able to work in a rewarding environment.
Our receptionist diploma will make it easier for you to change career and to make the kind of progress that you perhaps thought would be impossible for you. Our modules are carefully planned to help guide you through everything you need to know about the role allowing you to flourish.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 17 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: The Role of the Receptionist
- Module 2 : The Different Types of Receptionist and the Subtle Differences Between Them
- Module 3 : The Essentials of Communication
- Module 4 : Practice Good Telephone Skills
- Module 5 : Sending Formal Messages/Sending Informal Messages
- Module 6 : Database Management and Booking/Reservation Procedures
- Module 7 : Following Routine Administrative Procedures and Developing Filing Systems
- Module 8 : Security & Safety Issues / Health & Safety Considerations in the Workplace
- Module 9 : Confidentiality
- Module 10 : Successful Meetings & Minute Taking, Meeting & Accommodation Arrangements
- Module 11 : Organisational Skills & Time Management
- Module 12 : Effective Business Communication
- Module 13 : How Technology is Important in Reception Work
- Module 14 : The Importance of Team Work
- Module 15: Reception Area Appearance
- Module 16: Career Progression / From Receptionist to…
- Module 17: To Sum It All Up: Reception Work Explained
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
where does the front of the house aspect comes in please? It is not mentioned on the course content
It is that part of a business such as a restaurant or hotel where the employees deal directly with customers.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.