Add to basket or enquire
Being a Building Quantity Surveying means learning how to manage all contractual and financial aspects of construction projects. The Building Quantity Surveyor online training course will boost your knowledge of the construction process and ensure you are equipped to pursue a career in quantity surveying.
Our Building Quantity Surveyor course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Building Quantity Surveyor course is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Through the Building Quantity Surveyor course, you will learn about the building law principles which need to be kept in consideration at all times during quantity surveying, as well as details on building procurement and construct administration. You will also learn about building technology, how to carry out cost estimation on quantity surveying projects, and the elements and factors which can influence cost estimation.
The Building Quantity Surveyor course has been designed by a team of quantity surveying professionals to ensure that you learn everything you need to know to fast track your career as a Building Quantity Surveyor. Explore the technicalities of cost management as a Building Quantity Surveyor, as well as how to effectively manage material for construction. The Building Quantity Surveyor course will also teach you about the technical aspects of quantity surveying, including building pathology and building adaptation. It will also cover how to write Building Quantity Surveyor reports and the legal aspects of being a Building Quantity Surveyor that you need to be aware of.
What Will I Learn From This Building Quantity Surveyor Course:
- Explore the building law principles
- Learn about building procurement and contract administration
- Study building technology
- Learn about how to carry out cost estimation
- Understand the factors which may influence cost estimation
- Study cost management as a Building Quantity Surveyor
- Explore how to manage materials for construction
- Learn about building pathology
- Study building adaptation
- Discover how to accurately write reports as a Building Quantity Surveyor
- Explore the legal aspects of a career as a Building Quantity Surveyor
Why People Enrol This Course from One Education:
- Eligibility for an Endorsed certificate upon successful completion of this course
- Access the course through our dedicated online learning platform
- 24/7 access to tutor support
- This course is packed with interactive course content
- Affordable prices and high-quality training
- Complete the course 100% online, from any internet-enabled device
- Flexible course deadlines with full access to the course for one year
This Building Quantity Surveyor course is designed with the following modules:
***Building Quantity Surveyor***
Building Law Principles
- What is a Contract?
- Essential Elements of Contracts
- What are Building Contracts?
- What is Contract Law?
- Principles of contract law
- Negligence and the duty of care
- Occupiers’ liability
- The Land Law
Building Procurement and Contract Administration
- Parties and professionals in the construction process
- Types of a contractual arrangement
- Typical Contract Documents
- Pre-contract Cost Control
- Tendering Procedure
- Contract Administration
- Building Elements
- Building Loads
- The Functional Requirements of a Building
- Site Investigation and the type of Ground
- What Is an Estimate?
- The Main Types of Construction Cost Estimates
- Conceptual Estimates
- Preliminary Estimates and Cost Planning
- Preparing Construction Estimates
- Project Delivery Systems and Estimating
- Estimates for Different Types of Contracts
- Estimating Methods
- Single-rate approximate estimating
- Multiple-rate approximate estimating
- Analytical estimating
- Operational estimating
Elements and Factors influencing Cost Estimation
- The Elements of a Construction Cost Estimate
- Fundamental Factors of Construction Cost
- Cost Types
- Detailed Cost
- Tendering Cost Estimate
- Cost Estimate to Project Control
- Economic Analysis of Project Cost
- Cash flow Calculation
Management of Material for construction
- Types of Materials
- Purchase of Materials and Equipment
- Planning and Control of Materials
- Stores and Inventory Control
- Importance of Material Management
- Issues Confronting Material Management
- Quality Specification
- Centralised versus Decentralised Purchasing
- Issues Relating to Storage and Material Handling Optimum level of inventory
- Receiving Inspection Record Keeping
- Material Handling and Equipment
- Material Management in Construction
- What is Building Pathology?
- Cracking in buildings
- Dampness in buildings
- Deleterious materials
- Cladding failures
- What is Adaptation
- Adaptability Criteria
- Reasons for Adapting Buildings
- The Decision to Adapt a Building
- Adaptive reuses
- Lateral and vertical extensions
- Principles and aspects of Refurbishment
- Sustainable adaptation
- Report Writing Criteria
- Arrangement Information
- Negligence Defined
- Duty of Care
- Breach of Duty
- Accuracy of Estimates
- Brief Reports
- Parties in Tort
- Type of Survey Required
- Professional Negligence Relating to Surveying Buildings
How is the Building Quantity Surveyor Course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Building Quantity Surveyor, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
CPD & IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Building Quantity Surveyor, you will qualify for the CPD & IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This Building Quantity Surveyor course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in quantity surveying
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Building Quantity Surveyor course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Building Quantity Surveyor course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Building Quantity Surveyor course will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this Building Quantity Surveyor course. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
is there certificate of completion for the course?Answer:
Dear Mahmoud, Yes, there is a certificate available upon course completion.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course an "On Demand Course"Answer:
Dear Geoffrey, Thank you for your question. This is not an on-demand course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
do you email the lessons? or should be able to follow the lessons on the schedule time.Answer:
Dear Learner, Thank you for contacting us. After purchasing the course, we will send you an email with the login details within 24 hours. All lectures are available 24 hours a day so that you can access course material from your account anytime during the week, whenever is most convenient for you. Stay Safe Stay HealthyThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.