Add to basket or enquire
Our Purchasing and Procurement Diploma is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation ABC Awards, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Purchasing and Procurement Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
The profitability of a company comes down the decisions and the effectiveness of the purchasing and procurement department. Enrolling on the Purchasing and Procurement course teaches you the skills and knowledge you need to ensure the success of yourself and your organization.
With organisations looking for experienced and qualified purchasing and procurement staff, the Purchasing and Procurement training course will allow you to stand out from the crowd and greatly increase your career potential. Learn everything you need to succeed in your new career with the Purchasing and Procurement training course.
Enrolling on the Purchasing and Procurement training course will give you instant access to 12 professionally-designed modules which will teach you about the roles and responsibilities of purchasing and procurement staff. Learn about the typical tasks you will be expected to complete in the purchasing and procurement department. Gain an understanding of the wider role of purchasing and procurement within an organisation and become a purchasing expert. This Purchasing and Procurement course also explores building strong relationships with suppliers and improving efficiency and accuracy in the purchasing and procurement department.
What Will I Learn from This Purchasing and Procurement Diploma:
- Gain a full understanding of the supply chain
- Explore the steps in the purchasing cycle and how to plan a purchasing and procurement schedule
- Study purchasing and procurement toolkits
- Learn how to manage competitive bids
- Understand the importance of quality management in purchasing and procurement
- Gain an understanding of supplier relationship management
- Discover how to analyse and reduce risk in the supply chain
- Learn about inventory management and category management
Why People Enrol this Purchasing and Procurement Diploma From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Purchasing and Procurement Diploma
- Learning materials of our Purchasing and Procurement Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Purchasing and Procurement course content for a full year
- Complete the Purchasing and Procurement Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Purchasing and Procurement Diploma
This Purchasing and Procurement Diploma is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Supply Chain Basics
- Defining Supply Chain Management
- Procurement & Its Strategic Role
- The Evolution of Purchasing through Procurement
- Reducing Time to Market
Module 02: Role of Procurement in an Organisation
- Purchasing and Supply in Different Types of Organisation
- Centralisation & Decentralisation
- Methods of Organising the function
- Departmental Organisation
- Purchasing in the Organisation Structure
Module 03: The Purchasing Cycle
- The Steps in the Cycle
- Additional Points to Consider
- Identifying a Need
- The Purchase Requisition
- Material Requirements
- Planning Schedule
- Developing a System
- Identifying Suppliers
- Issuing the Purchase Order
- Issuing a Change Order
- Invoice Auditing
Module 04: Purchasing Toolkits
- Analysing the Price
- General Economic Issues
- Variable-Margin Pricing
- Six Categories of Cost
- Analysing Costs
- Evaluating Suppliers
Module 05: Managing Competitive Bids
- RFP’s and RFQ’s
- Using Weighted Analysis
- The Halo Effect
- Using a Selection Committee
- Elements of the Analysis
- Creating a Contract
- Ethical Considerations
Module 06: Quality Management
- Defining Quality
- Quality System
- Defining Specification
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Tests for Quality Control and Reliability
Module 07: Supplier Relationship Management
- Defining Supplier Relationship Management
- Collaborative Business Relationships
- Relationship Formation
- Models of Supplier Relationships
- The Termination of Relationships
Module 08: Analysing and Reducing Risk in the Supply Chain
- Defining Risk Management
- The Risk Management Process
- Internal and External Drivers of Key Risks
- Risk Description
- Risk Estimation
- Risk Identification Techniques
- Risk Analysis Methods and Techniques
- Best Practice of Risk management
Module 09: Improving Efficiency and Accuracy
- Reason for Evaluating Supplier Performance
- Things to Evaluate
- Quantitative Approaches to Supplier Evaluation
- Service Level Agreement
- The Seven Cs of Effective Supplier Evaluation
Module 10: Category Management
- Introduction to Category Management
- Categories of Category Management
- Themes of Category Management
- Category Management Risk Profiling
- Corporate Travel
- Capital Investment Procurement
Module 11: Inventory Management
- Provisioning System
- Order Quantities & Stock Control
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Defining MRP
- The Main Features of an MRP System
- Distribution Resource Planning
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Lean & Agile Supply
Module 12: E-Procurement
- E-SCM & E-Procurement
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- E-Hub, Exchanges, Portals, Marketplace
How is the Purchasing and Procurement Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a recognised and professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the Purchasing and Procurement Diploma, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Endorsed certificates can be ordered and get delivered to your home by post for only £109. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this Purchasing and Procurement Diploma, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
This Purchasing and Procurement Diploma is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Purchasing and Procurement Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Purchasing and Procurement Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
Studying this Purchasing and Procurement Diploma would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including
- Purchasing Manager
- Procurement Manager/Officer
The average annual salary for these job opportunities is around £48,000 in the UK.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
jose luis asked:
hi, If i failed the exam, do i need to pay again to re take it? Are there mock exams available?. thanks jose luis
Hi Jose, Thanks for reaching out. Yes, if you fail in the final exam you can re-take it by paying £1.99 every time until you pass. There are three mock exams, you can take the mock exams before the final to prepare yourself for the final. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Which level (3 or 4) is the Purchasing and Procurement Management course?.
Dear Tom, Thanks for reaching out. The Purchasing and Procurement Management course is a Level 2 Certificate course. Regards Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Tinashe govo asked:
how do i pay for the course
Hi Tinashe, Thanks for reaching out. You can pay either using your Credit/Debit card or PayPal. Regards, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.