Staff Training Solutions
Add to basket or enquire
Purchasing and Procurement
Diploma of achievement in Purchasing and Procurement Level 5 . Additional CPD Accredited Purchasing and Procurement Certificate with 110 CPD points available with no extra study.
Purchasing & Procurement
Endorsed Certificate of achievement.If you have a keen eye for detail and the drive to succeed in the face of even the biggest challenges, a career in supply chain management could be right up your street! Enrol today for the opportunity to study in your own time and at your own pace for a Certificate of achievement Level 5 Diploma in Supply Chain Management! Explore the everyday duties and responsibilities of the supply chain manager, along with the benefits of supply chain efficiency and the potential consequences of supply chain issues. Investigate this remarkable profession with the committed support of your own personally-assigned tutor, laying the strongest possible foundation for a rewarding career in supply chain management!laying the strongest possible foundation for a rewarding career in supply chain management.
Purchasing & Procurement efficiency plays a direct role in determining the profitability or otherwise of the entire organisation. Should a single supplier or service provider fail in its obligations, the entire business quickly grinds to a halt. The problem being that businesses worldwide now rely on any number of third-parties, over which they may have very little direct control. This is precisely why supply chain managers are now brought in by the most successful organizations, in order to oversee the establishment and ongoing optimisation of the entire supply chain. As demand continues to grow for qualified supply chain managers worldwide, there’s never been a better time to study this engaging subject.
This Level 5 Diploma in Purchasing & Procurement Course is ideal for newcomers to the industry and existing members of the workforce alike. Build the required skills, knowledge and confidence to manage material procurement, manufacturing processes, flow of goods/information and so much more besides. Learn how to build, optimize and manage complex supply chains and become a professional asset of limitless value.
Purchasing & Procurement
For an introductory overview of this extraordinary profession, this exclusive Level 5 Diploma Purchasing & Procurement comes highly recommended. Packed with essential industry insights and key theoretical teachings, this entry-level course introduces supply chain management as a profession, the primary responsibilities of supply chain managers and the importance of efficiency in any supply chain. Study in your own time from any location worldwide, for the opportunity to earn a Certificate of achievement Level 5 Diploma in Purchasing & Procurement.
Businesses worldwide cannot succeed without the involvement of other businesses. Think of any organization and chances are they count on a variety of third parties to get by. For the manufacturer, the supply of raw materials and transportations services facilitate their everyday operations. For the everyday retailer, it’s the manufacturer and the transportation company they rely on. Now more than ever, the supply chains businesses rely on are becoming increasingly complex and challenging to oversee. Hence, to succeed as a capable and qualified supply chain manager is to enjoy limitless career prospects on a global basis.
When studying for a Certificate of achievement Level 5 Diploma in Purchasing & Procurement Course with STS Courses, every learner benefits from:
- The strongest start to a rewarding career with an intensive introduction to the profession. Explore supply chain management in comprehensive detail.
- No deadlines or time restrictions to worry about – learners are free to study in their own time and at their own pace.
- 24/7 access to our exclusive digital learning platform, which provides all study materials and resources required to complete the course.
- The support of an experienced tutor with extensive professional experience, along with the wider STS Courses support team.
- Study from anywhere in the world for a recognised qualification from a leading awarding body, improving your CV and career prospects for life.
This Level 5 Diploma in Purchasing & Procurement Course aims to establish the strongest possible foundation upon which to build a rewarding career for life. Course content focuses on the most important practical skills and theoretical knowledge for immediate application in a real-world setting, upon completion of the course. Successful candidates will find themselves primed for success in logistics and supply chain management, whether new to the profession or already working in the field.
Upon successful completion of this Level 5 Diploma in Supply Chain Management Course , candidates take away a series of crucial industry-specific skills, talents and knowledge including:
- Describe what Supply Chain Management is.
- Describe the Elements of Purchasing
- Differentiate between Purchasing and Procurement
- Describe the importance of Learning Cycle and Training in vendor Management
- Explore negotiation techniques
- Explore the Importance, Aims and Organization of Procurement.
- Recognize the Selection of Suppliers and Suppliers' Performance.
- Identify effective manufacturing strategies
This Level 5 Diploma in Supply Chain Management Course is divided into 11 intensive modules – each concluding with an online assessment to verify your acquired knowledge and competencies. Comprehensive support and guidance will be provided by your personally-assigned tutor throughout your studies.
Unit 1- Supply Chain Management Basics
- Defining Supply Chain
- What is Supply Chain Management
- Basic Supply Chain – Physical Movements
- The Structure of a Supply Chain
- Benefits of Supply Chains
- How the Supply Chain Works
- The Evolving Structure of Supply Chains
- Participants in the Supply Chain
Unit 2- Purchasing and Procurement Basics
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Importance of Procurement
- Aims of Procurement
- Organisation of Procurement
- Choosing Suppliers
- Number of Suppliers
- Benefits of multi-sourcing:
- Procurement Cycle
- Types of Purchase
Unit 3- Types Of Purchases
- Different Approaches for Different Products
- Terms and Conditions
- Manufacturing Perspectives
- Brand Power
- Matching Manufacturing Strategy to Market Requirements
- Logistical Interfaces
- Just-in-Time (JIT)
Unit 4- The Purchasing Cycle
- The Steps in the Cycle
- Identifying a Need
- Researching Your Options
Unit 5- Purchasing Tool Kit
- Analyzing the Price
- Six Categories of Cost
- Analyzing Costs
- Evaluating Suppliers
- Evaluation Checklist
- Negotiation Basics
- Collaboration Techniques
- The Learning Curve
Unit 6- Elements Of Purchasing
- Elements of Purchasing
- Materials Purchasing System
- Ordering Systems
- Receipt of Materials, Transportation and Inspection
- Material Procurement Circle
- Function and Objectives of Stores
- Management of Receipt
Unit 7- Managing Competitive Bids
- Purchasing through RFP’s and Tenders
- Creating a Contract
- Ethical Considerations
- Ethical Dilemmas
Unit 8- Improving Efficiency And Accuracy
- Managing Supplier Performance
- Controlling Quality
- Setting and Monitoring Delivery Standards
- Creating Good Working Relationships
- Monitoring Supplier Performance
- Developing Performance Improvements
Unit 9- Negotiation Techniques
- Handling Objections
- Closing the Sale
- The Changing Customer
- What the Customer Wants
- Negotiation Techniques
- Practicing Negotiation
- Phases of Negotiation
- Negotiation Made Easier
- High Impact Moments
Unit 10- Analyzing And Reducing Risk In Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Risks
- Tracking and Evaluating Supply Chain Data
- What is Benchmarking?
- The SCOR Model
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Supply Chain Management Dashboards
Unit 11- Tools Of Trade
- Digital Systems
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- SRM and CRM
- The Role of Social Networking
- Evaluating Your Department
- Drawing Conclusions
Who is this course for?
Purchasing & Procurement
Our Level 5 Diploma in Purchasing & Procurement Course provides crucial insights and key theory for anyone looking to climb the career ladder in a related field. Newcomers to the profession and existing members of the workforce alike stand every chance of broadening their prospects with an internationally-recognised qualification. In addition, business owners and entrepreneurs overseeing their own supply chain operations could benefit from the teachings of this exclusive course.
We specialise in fully-flexible distance learning, suitable for those who cannot commit to traditional education. Every course from CPD Courses is free of deadlines, time limits and geographical restrictions – all with unbeatable value for money. As we provide all course materials and resources as standard, the prices you see is the price you pay. What’s more, you can count on the support of our world-class tutors and the wider STS Courses team, every step of the way!
Whether pursuing promotion, exploring a new career area or interested in setting up your own business from scratch, STS Courses can help make it happen.
Purchasing & Procurement
There is no particular entry requirement.
OPTION-I: Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards
At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £120 accreditation fee+postal charges.
Certificate of Course Completion
(soft copy) can be claimed for £15. If you need hard copy of this certificate you will pay £25
OPTION-II: CPD Certificate
Upon successful completion of the course, a fee is payable for a CPD Accredited Diploma in PDF format or hard copy.
CPD Accredited Diploma (PDF)=£30
CPD Accredited Diploma (Hardcopy)=£95
Purchasing & Procurement
Upon successful completion of our Level 5 Diploma in Purchasing & Procurement Course, candidates may choose to pursue an extensive range of careers including:
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Materials Planner
- Production Planner
- Sales Order Planner
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.