College of Media and Publishing
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
An online Public Relations course for individuals and businesses
Practical and engaging assignments | Endorsed Certification
- Qualification: ABC & Certa Awards Certificate of Achievement.
- Endorsed by: ABC & Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
- Accredited by: ABCC | EADL | IADL.
- UKRLP number: 10008168.
- Available to: UK and international learners.
- Tutor support: Unlimited support from an expert.
Our online PR course equips you with the skills you need to handle public relations and social media marketing for a range of organisations.
It is more important than ever for businesses and other professional organisations to get the right message out to the media and public.
They must also be able to effectively manage their online reputation and handle any PR crises that arise.
Through our comprehensive PR course, you will gain the confidence and training you need to work in a variety of communications-based roles, using traditional marketing channels and multimedia platforms.
We will help you develop additional skills, such as newswriting, conducting interviews, and organising press conferences.
Our comprehensive online PR course will teach you how to:
- write effective press releases and distribute them to the right outlets
- develop lasting and productive working relationships with journalists and editors
- get the most out of social media
- plan and implement targeted PR strategies that get results
Good PR is essential to the success of any business or organisation.
Most businesses treat it as an optional extra, or use techniques that are out-of-date.
This accredited course will teach you effective, free techniques that will achieve great results.
It will also show you how to work effectively in PR & digital marketing, across traditional and new media platforms.
Lesson 01: An introduction to PR
- Understand the role of public relations
- Recognise good and bad PR
- Appreciate what makes a good PR professional
- Build relationships with journalists
Lesson 02: Newswriting techniques
- Why a PR needs to master newswriting techniques
- Write intros, sells and headings
- Write well-constructed copy
- Adapt your writing style to suit a web audience
Lesson 03: Writing effective press releases
- Recognise when it is appropriate to use press releases and press letters
- Send press releases and press letters in the correct format, to the right outlets and at the right time
Lesson 04: Communicating with the media
- Issue effective statements to the media
- Conduct interviews with journalists
- Deal confidently with journalists' questions
Lesson 05: Online PR
- Understand the basics of social media
- Define how social media can be used in PR
- Devise a social media plan
- Set up, maintain and grow your own blog
- Identify when a PR can use video
- Understand how to prepare, shoot and edit videos for PR
Lesson 06: Handling a crisis
- Understand crisis communications
- Write a crisis communications plan
- Manage reputation in a crisis
- Tweet effectively during a crisis
Lesson 07: Using TV and radio
- List how TV and radio can be used for PR
- Produce suitable content for TV and radio
Lesson 08: Organising a press conference
- Understand the role a press conference plays in PR
- Organise and manage a press conference
Lesson 09: Law and reputation management
- How media law and regulatory codes can be used as media management tools - pre, and post publication
- Manage online reputation, proactively and reactively
Lesson 10: Using other PR tools
- Recognise other PR tools and when to use them
- Use case studies, white papers, ebooks, videos and podcasts for PR
Lesson 11: Running a PR campaign
- When and how to run a PR campaign
- Select the right campaign components
- Organise an effective PR campaign
Our PR course has been independently endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP level 4 diploma in PR, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a qualified PR.
These certification will enable you to apply for Public Relations and digital PR jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for:
- People looking to build a rewarding career in PR.
- Marketers looking to develop their skills.
- Existing PR’s who want to refresh and develop their skills.
- Journalists who want a thorough understanding of Public Relations.
- People who want to start their own freelance business.
PR / marketing / digital marketing / social media marketing / journalism / media
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.