Endorsed Certificate from Ofqual's regulated Awarding Body. Psychology Our exclusive Level 1 Child Psychology Certificate has been designed by leading academics and industry experts with newcomers in mind. With no prior knowledge or experience required, enjoy an insightful introduction to the psychology of children during the earliest years of life. Learn how the input of the child psychologist can have a powerful effect on a child’s ongoing development, gradually paving the way for a successful career in a childcare setting. Study Child Psychology in your own time and at your own pace, with no deadlines or time restrictions to worry about! Child Psychology serves as an ideal foundation upon which to begin building an extraordinary career for life.
The entire Child Psychology course has been built around the most important methods, theories and concepts used by advanced child psychologists, in order to provide the deepest possible insights into the psychology of children.
With the help of Brentwood Open Learning College, the fulfilling career you know you’re capable of could be just around the corner!
The mind of a child is as mysterious as it is fascinating. Despite the fact that we were all children once, it can be difficult to see the world or any aspect of everyday life through the eyes of a child. Nevertheless, this is precisely what the child psychologist must do, in order to nurture the strong and healthy development of children of all ages. Global demand for qualified child psychologists and experienced childcare professionals has never been higher. An incredibly fulfilling and potentially-lucrative career path to explore, there’s never been a better time to study this fascinating subject!
When studying for an Level 1 - Psychology with Brentwood Open Learning College, every learner benefits from:
- Comprehensive flexibility and accessibility, with absolutely no time restrictions or deadlines to worry about.
- Study in your own time and at your own pace from anywhere in the world, with round-the-clock access to our exclusive online learning platform.
- Access to the professional support and guidance of our exclusive tutors with extensive professional experience and expertise in the field.
- The opportunity to enhance your CV and career prospects for life with an internationally-recognized qualification of the highest quality.
- All course materials and digital textbooks required to complete the course included as standard – no hidden costs and unbeatable value for money.
The content of this inspiring Level 1 inChild Psychology has been designed to set candidates on their way to fulfilling careers working with kids of all ages. On a global basis, the skills and talents of qualified child psychologists have never been in greater demand. The same also going for those with the targeted knowledge and skills required to effectively work with children in a variety of settings. If looking to make a difference in the lives of children and enjoy ongoing job security for life, child psychology represents a uniquely appealing professional field.
Along with a broad overview of the child psychology profession as a whole, learners are introduced to a series of important theoretical concepts and practical skills. Over the Psychology course of 3 units, content gradually guides candidates through language development, personality development, moral development, emotional development and social development.
Upon successful completion of this Level 1 in Child Psychology course, candidates take away the most essential industry-specific skills, talents and knowledge including:
- A thorough understanding of the contemporary child psychology profession
- Comprehensive knowledge of attachment theory and its importance
- The various factors that can positively and negatively affect development
- How to deal with a range of common developmental issues
- Advanced knowledge of childhood communication and language development
- The confidence to identify and work with problems in infancy, childhood and adolescence
- Detailed understanding of moral and ethical development in children
- Honed skills and talents to be put to use in a working environment
This intensive yet digestible Psychology Course is delivered across 3 modules – each concluding with an online assessment to verify your acquired knowledge and competencies. Your assigned tutor will provide you with comprehensive support at all times, in order to assist with your successful completion of each unit.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Child Psychology
- Module 2 - The Formation of Attachments
- Module 3 - Consequences of Attachment Breakdowns
Who is this course for?
Our fully-accredited Child Psychology Course is perfect for ambitious newcomers and those already working with children alike. Whether pursuing promotion, your first professional position or simply the ongoing improvement of your skills, talents and knowledge, studying for an internationally-recognized qualification could make all the difference. Enhance your CV and improve your career prospects for life with our exclusive Level 1 in Child Psychology.
Every course we offer has been designed with maximum flexibility and accessibility in mind – perfect for those who may not have the time to commit to traditional studies. Study in your own time and at your own pace from anywhere in the world, with the ongoing support and assistance of our world-class tutors.
With no specific prior education or experience required, our courses are open to every candidate with the desire to succeed!
- A strong working knowledge of English language
- Aged at least 16-years
- Access to a reliable computer and Internet connection
Endorsed certificate from Ofqual’s regulated Awarding Body
At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £45 accreditation fee and postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK).
Certificate of Completion from BOLC
Certificate of Completion from BOLC (soft copy) can be claimed for £10. If you need hard copy of this certificate you will pay £25 + postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK)
Upon successful completion of our Level 1 in Child Psychology, candidates may choose to pursue an extensive range of careers including:
- Behavioural Development Specialist
- Childhood Education Specialist
- Cognitive Behaviourist
- Crisis Intervention Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.