Data Law Limited
Add to basket or enquire
- On completion of this course you will:
- - Understand what type of clients and transactions can pose a higher-risk to you and how to protect yourself accordingly
- - Be familiar with the lessons to be learned from real-life scenarios and the latest professional guidance
- - Feel more confident when advising high-risk clients
What is the target audience?
- Conveyancing practitioners
Conveyancing transactions involving high-risk clients present additional challenges for the property lawyer. During this course, experienced lecturer Stephen Desmond will focus on two key challenges facing property practitioners; How to identify when a client is more likely to pose a risk to you and what steps should you take in order to reduce these risks?
In addition, this course will also consider the following topics:
• The rise of vendor property fraud and consequent changes to the Conveyancing Protocol (2019)
• SDLT: Disposition where client wants to claim relief from the 15% rate for purchases of high-value residential properties
• Powers of attorney: When you do not meet the donor face-to-face - Is the power satisfactory?
• Vulnerable clients who might be acting under the undue influence of another person
• Purchases where there are no express rights of access to the property
• Right to Buy purchases: need for declaration of trust?
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.