Add to basket or enquire
With more and more companies hiring property management professionals to oversee and manage their properties for them, there’s never been a better time to join the exciting and varied world of property management. Enrol on the Property Development and Management Course from Janets and take your first step towards a long-term career in property management or property development.
The Property Development and Management Course has been designed by property management and property development experts to provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge on everything you do with property management and property development. The Property Development and Management Course covers everything from the roles of the property management team to securing tenants, and even details of the property management process. Enrol on the Property Development and Management Course today and learn everything you need to know to kickstart your property management career or explore property development opportunities.
This expertly-created Property Development and Management Course is accredited by the CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students without any further study. The Property Development and Management Course is made up of 8 comprehensive modules, each tackling different elements of property development and property management. Students can expect to complete this Property Development and Management Course in around 5 hours.
Janets is one of the top online training providers in the UK and aims to provide every student with a top-quality education. With the Property Development and Management Course, you can learn the skills you need to work in property development or property management.
What You Will Learn From the Property Development and Management Course:
- Gain insight into what’s involved in property development and the various stages of property development
- Learn about the risks of property development
- Understand the legal requirements of property management
- Discover why property management is a great career choice
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of the property management team
- Gain insight into the property management process
- Learn about the regulations of property management
- Understand how changes in the UK property market affect property management
What You Get Out Of Studying Property Development and Management Course With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the Property Development and Management Course
- Full one-year access to Property Development and Management Course materials
- Instant assessment results
- No hidden fees with the Property Development and Management Course
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the Property Development and Management Course at your own pace
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Gain a complete understanding of property development and property management
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Study in your own time through your computer, tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential by studying the Property Development and Management Course
The Property Development and Management training course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. Access the Property Development and Management Course content from any internet-enabled device whenever or wherever you want to. The Property Development and Management Course has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Module 01: Introduction to Property Development
- What Is Property Development
- Main Actors
- Economic Context of Property Development
- Local economy
- National economy
- Global economy
Module 02: Different Type of Property
- What Is Property
- Kinds of Property
- Commercial Assets
Module 03: Property Research
- The Market Context of Property Development
- Locating Development Within an Institutional Model of the Property Market
- Institutional form and institutional change
- A hierarchical framework for the institutional analysis of property markets
- An institutional explanation of property development
- Interpreting British Office Development from an Institutional Perspective
Module 04: Property and the Law
- Introduction to Legal Framework
- Analysing Real Estate Activity
- Investment Structure
- Real Estate Ownership
- Leases of Business Premises
- Development in Practice
- English and Scottish Property Law: Differences, Terminologies, Applicability
Module 05: Different Method of Finance Option
- Financing Property Development
- Methods of Finance
- Sources of Finance
- Lending Criteria
- Categories of Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Structures
Module 06: Building Regulation
- Understanding Building Control
- Knowing When Approval Is Required
- Making an Application
- Self Certification
- Applying for a Regularisation Certificate
- Working with an Architect
Module 07: The Planning Process
- Planning and Designing
- CAD Design
- Approval Process
Module 08: Project Management
- Total Project Management
- The Role of Project Manager
- Understanding the Skills and Qualities of a Project Manager
- Renovating a Property
- Undertaking a New-Build Project
- Importance of Good Property Management
Module 09: Marketing Your Property
- Developing Marketing Strategy
- Method of Promotion
- Estate Agent
- The Role of Estate Agents
- Selling Privately
- Avoiding Marketing Mistake
Module 1 - Introduction to Property Management
- What Is Property Management?
- The Property Management Company
- Why Landlords Contract Management Companies?
- Legal Requirements for Property Managers
- Why Is Property Management a Great Career?
Module 2 – The Role and Responsibilities of a Property Manager
- The Landlord – Property Manager Relationship
- The Services a Property Manager Can Provide
- Ensuring Maximum Occupancy
- Upgrades and Improvements
- Phasing Repairs
Module 3 – Listing Properties and Marketing
- Registering Landlord and Property Details
- Property Valuations and Appraisals
- Consents to Let the Property
- Advice on Presentation of the Property
- The Sales Pitch
- Information to Record
- Creating Eye-catching Adverts for Properties
- Service Agreements
- Property Details Form
- Verifying Ownership of the Property
Module 4 – The Letting Process and Tenancy Agreement
- Registering Potential Applicants’ Details
- Safety and Security
- Processing Applications
- Tenant Application Forms
- Vetting Prospective Tenants
- Communications with the Landlord And Applicants
- Inventory and Schedule of Condition
- Tenancy Agreements and Types of Tenancy
- Executing the Tenancy Agreement
- Other Documents
- Check-In Process
- Post-Check-In Procedures
- Serving Notice and Notice Periods
- Landlord Giving Notice to Tenant
- Tenant Giving Notice to Landlord
Module 5 – The Property Management Process
- Property Management Overview
- Rent Collection
- Dealing with Late Payments
- Property Inspections
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Qualifying Suitable Contractors
- Planning for Maintenance Work
- Major Works
- Paying Contractors
- Tenancy Renewals
- Rental Increases
- Check-Out Process
- Claims for Dilapidations
- Returning the Deposit
- Dealing with Problem Tenants and Other Issues
- Useful Resources
Module 6 - Keeping Tenants Long Term
- Make a Good First Impression
- Happy Tenants Means Lower Turnover
- What Makes Tenants Happy?
- Respecting Your Tenants’ Privacy
- Increasing the Rent
- Renewing the Lease
- Showing Appreciation for Tenants
Module 7 – Regulations of Property Management
- Are Letting/Managing Agents Regulated?
- The Requirement to Join a Redress Scheme
- Complaining About a Letting/Managing Agent
- Letting Agent Fees
- Consumer Protection Legislation
- Transparent Fee Tariffs
- The Abolition of Letting Agent Fees
- Client Money Protection
- General Information for Landlords and Tenants
Module 8 – Changes in the UK Property Market: An Opportunity
- The Growth of the Private Rented Sector
- Tenant Preferences in Renting
- Generation Rent and Millennials
- The Emergence and Growth of Build to Rent
- The Emergence of Co-Living
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Property Development and Management Course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the Property Development and Management Course. After successfully passing the Property Development and Management Course exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD-accredited certificate as proof of your Property Development and Management expertise.
All students who successfully complete the Property Development and Management Course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the Property Development and Management Course certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
The Property Development and Management Course is ideal for those who already work in this sector or are an aspiring professional. This Property Development and Management Course is designed to enhance your expertise and boost your CV. Learn key skills and gain a certificate of achievement to prove your newly-acquired knowledge.
The Property Development and Management Course is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study the Property Development and Management Course, all your need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English, numeracy, and IT skills. You must also be over the age of 16.
The Property Development and Management Course is ideal for anyone who wants to pursue their dream career in a relevant industry. Learn the skills you need to boost your CV and go after the job you want. Complete the Property Development and Management Course and gain an highly valuable skill that will help you excel in finding your ideal job.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How long is the duration of the course and what assessment type? Thank yoy.
Hi Jordan, The estimated course duration is 6 hours if you want to finish it in one sitting. However, you will have a one-year access to the course upon purchasing and you can complete the course anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
krunal patel asked:
would this diploma give me the correct skill set for skilled working visa for Australia ?
Dear Krunal, Thank you for contacting us. The course is designed to provide you with opportunities to enhance your qualifications and expertise and provide an understanding of property development and investment issues and techniques. The course is certified by the CPD and CPD is recognised nationally in the UK and internationally around the world. Different institution or organisation may have different requirements which you need to check with them. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I'm very interested in applying for this course. Is it an online course? I'm in South Africa.
Dear Sisonke, Thank you for showing your interest. All of our courses are online courses. Therefore, you can do the courses from anywhere in the world. Please go the course page and click on the 'Add to basket' button and then click on the 'Review basket and checkout' button to purchase the course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.