Add to basket or enquire
Proofreading & Copyediting with FREE English Grammar Course
Do you want to learn the secrets of engaging and error-free content? Wave goodbye to silly spelling errors and grammatical mistakes with this Proofreading & Copyediting Course.
Learning Benefits of Proofreading & Copyediting Course:
- Ensure your content is highly readable, engaging and error-free, always!
- Learn how to scan a document for errors quickly and efficiently
- Understand the difference between proofreading and copyediting
- Get tips on how to proofread both on-screen and on paper
- Know techniques for checking accuracy and facts
- Gain a better command of the English language and improve your own writing skills
- Sharpen your eye for detail to detect checking spelling and grammar mistakes
- Get advice on how to find work and develop your career
This comprehensive Proofreading & Copyediting course approaches a complete discussion on the domains of Proofreading & Copyediting. This Proofreading & Copyediting course has been designed and developed by experienced professionals with adequate knowledge so that you never fall behind with your skill!
This Proofreading & Copyediting course is designed to provide learners with the tools and skills to check online and offline content before it goes to the publishing stage. You will learn how to quickly scan a document for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes, fact-check a piece of content, make changes to improve readability, and much more.
Whether you are looking to become a qualified proofreader or copyeditor, or just want to gain some new skills in order to deliver great content, this Proofreading & Copyediting course will equip you with the knowledge to do so. This Proofreading & Copyediting course will not only teach you how to effectively proofread and edit content, but will also sharpen your own writing skills, giving you the confidence you need to write winning content every time!
Why choose Proofreading & Copyediting Course
- 100% online program
- No time limits. learn at your own pace.
- Expert Instructors/Professional Trainers
- A multinational student base
- Video lessons
- Further reading where necessary
- Up-to-date curriculum and effective guidelines.
- CPD Accredited Certification.
- Instant Digital Certificate (Hardcopy available on-demand)
****Course Curriculum ****
***Proofreading & Copyediting***
Module 01: Proofreading & Copyediting: Proofreading Basics
- What is proofreading?
- Why is proofreading important?
- Proofreading references
- Formatting and presentation
- The job of a proofreader
- A proofreader’s personal qualities
- Language awareness and grammatical knowledge
- Proofreading terminology
- What proofreaders do?
- What is copy-editing?
- A proofreading and copy-editing glossary
- The publishing process from a proofreading perspective
Module 02: Proofreading & Copyediting: Applying the Style Guide
- Applying the style guide
- What a style guide is used for
- A list of standard style manuals
- Applying the style guide to different kinds of copy
Module 03: Proofreading & Copyediting: Spelling and Grammar
- Where to find reliable spelling and grammar references
- Spotting and correcting spelling and grammatical errors
- Identify the weaknesses in the text
Module 04: Proofreading & Copyediting: Proofreading on Paper
- Marking up a text on paper
- Methods and techniques of proofreading
- Marking up copy clearly and accurately
Module 05: Proofreading & Copyediting: Proofreading On-screen
- Methods and techniques for proofreading on-screen
- Proofreading for the commoner errors
- Proofreading for Stylistic Problems
Module 06: Proofreading & Copyediting: Copy-editing Basics
- The job of a copy-editor
- Common mistakes in a document
- The different levels of editing
- Getting your quote right
Module 07: Proofreading & Copyediting: Copy-editing – the Use of Language
- A summary of editing techniques
- Editing to produce fluent and simple copy
- Editing to remove inappropriate material
- Editing copy for multicultural audiences
Module 08: Proofreading & Copyediting: Copy-editing – Checking Accuracy and Facts
- Analysing words and phrases for accurate meaning
- Make sure a quote is a quote
- Begin with what you already know
Module 09: Proofreading & Copyediting: Copy-editing – the Beginning and the End
- Become a sourcing expert
- What is a reference mark?
- What style should you use for your note citations?
Module 10: Proofreading & Copyediting: Copy-editing – Legal Checks
- Explicit consent
- Consumer rights
- Value exchange
- Other considerations
Module 11: Proofreading & Copyediting: Finding Work and Developing Your Career
- How to find proofreading and copy-editing clients
- Copy-editing work
- Freelancing and building up your own business
*** English Grammar Course ***
Module 1: Introduction to the Course
- An Overview of the Course
- What is Grammar?
- Benefits of Studying Grammar
Module 2: The Basics of Grammar
- Parts of Speech
Module 3: The Basics of Sentence
- Sentence and Parts of Sentence
- Kinds of Sentence
- Simple, Complex and Compound Sentence
Module 4: Structure of Sentence
- Infinitive, Participle, and Gerund
- Mood & Modifiers
Module 5: Question
- Question Types
- Yes-No Question
- Alternative Question
- Declarative Question
- Tag Question
Module 6: Punctuation & Capitalisation
- Capital Letter Rules
- Punctuation Marks
- Punctuation in Numbers
Module 7: Spelling
- British vs. American
- Common Spelling Rules
Module 8: Common Mistakes & Ways to Improve
- Common Mistakes
- Ways to Improve Grammar Daily
After completing all the modules of the Proofreading & Copyediting course, your learning will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice based exam. You may choose to participate in a Mock Exam before attending the Proofreading & Copyediting course completion Final Exam with no extra cost.
Now you can get the Course Completion Certificate of Proofreading & Copyediting course from Skill Up at a 50% reduced price. The PDF version is for only £4.5 (Previously £9) and the Hard Copy is for only £7.5 (Previously £15), while both versions will cost you £12 (Previously £24) only.
Who is this course for?
Existing professionals or newbies who work in this field can amplify their skills & knowledge of this topic with our internationally-recognised Proofreading & Copyediting training, and it could make all the difference in escalating your career graph.
We know what Modern Online Learners are looking for – flexibility and accessibility. All of our courses are crafted and designed with those two words in mind. Grab a smart device or log in to your desktop to access our premium course contents. Don’t worry, our expert tutors and student assistants will be there for round the clock.
If you desire to learn and climb the ladder of success with your learning, we won’t ask for any specific prior education or experience. Enrol now in Proofreading & Copyediting and start your learning journey.
What are the requirements of Proofreading & Copyediting Course?
There are no specific entry requirements for this Proofreading & Copyediting course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
Proofreading & Copyediting Course:
- Copy Editor
- Freelance Writer
- Head of Content
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is the exam an extra cost and if so how much is it?
Hello Sharon, We don’t charge any extra fees for the exams as they’re included with the course price. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.