Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This course is to provide a complete understanding of the internationally recognised PMI® approach to project management and to help prepare you to sit the PMP® qualification.
The PMP qualification in project management by the Project Management Institute is internationally recognised. The course will take delegates through the stages of a project, using PMI processes and knowledge areas.
Many global organisations choose PMI as a means to achieve a worldwide project management standard with individuals accredited to a qualification recognised in most countries.
The course content is developed in conjunction with the licensed materials from our partner STS - Sauter Training & Simulation SA, a leading provider of project management training.
By the end of this course you will:
- Be able to finalise your preparation for the PMP examination
- Satisfy the 35 hour formal project management training requirement for future professional certification with the PMI.
- Understand and apply 'A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge' (PMBOK® Guide).
- Know when and how to use project management tools and techniques.
- Understand the inputs and outputs of the project processes.
- Understand how project processes and knowledge areas are interrelated.
- Understand the importance of the nine knowledge areas to the success of the project.
what will it cover:
PMBOK® Guide and the project management framework
Introduction to the knowledge areas and processes
- Project management process groups
- Project integration management
- Project scope management
- Project quality management
- Project time management
- Project cost management
- Project risk management
- Project human resource management
- Project procurement management
- Project communications management
- Professional responsibility
- Continued exercises using the e-learning software including the X-AM PMP software enabling you to practise exam style questions and receive feedback on your answers
Tips and techniques for passing the PMP, including a four-hour mock examination
We recommend PMP® Exam Prep, seventh edition by Rita Mulcahy to assist with your preparation for the PMP exam.
Who is this course for?
The course is intended for people working in any industry and who are responsible for the management of projects. It is also designed for individuals wishing to become familiar with the PMI’s approach to project management or intending to take the PMP qualification.
The examination is not included within the course. All delegates wishing to sit the PMP examination must register directly with the Project Management Institute and once registered and approved by the PMI attend a Prometric centre to take the exam. We recommend that you sit your exam no more than six weeks after attending this preparation course.
This course provides you with the 35 contact hours of project management education required to take the PMP examination for Project Management Professionals.
However, delegates wishing to take the exam must hold EITHER:
1. A High School Diploma or equivalent (e.g. A Level or any GCSE) and five years' project management experience with a minimum 7,500 hours leading or directing project tasks.
2. A Bachelor's degree AND three years' project management experience with a minimum of 4,500 hours leading or directing project tasks.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.