International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
The restaurant industry is competitive and fierce. Make your resume stand out from the crowd with our Professional Waiter Training course. Get practical, hands-on training to work in luxury hotels, 5-star restaurants, and the hottest bars in town! There’s more to the waiter job description than taking orders and serving plates, and we’ll help you to master every aspect of your new role. With our lessons, you’ll learn how to maximize tips, deliver excellent service, and take your career to the next level. When you’re done, you’ll receive a certificate from an internationally accredited course to prove your experience and training. As a waiter or waitress, the difference between minimum wage and big time earning is all up to you. So will you leave it up to chance, or follow our recipe for success?
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally - recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
If you already have some server experience, this course will teach you tons of tips and tricks to increase your tips, gain customer loyalty, and move up in the ranks.
- Learn about customer expectations and how you can exceed every one
- We’ll teach you how to navigate tricky scenarios and manage difficult customers
- A good waiter knows their product; you’ll learn about pairings, ingredients, seasonality of food, wine and alcohol, and even coffee!
- We’ll show you how to set a table for family style restaurants and fine dining
- Learn to take orders with foolproof memory methods so you never miss one
- From waiters friend to pencil, we’ll show you tools to make life easier
- A waiter is also a salesperson – learn to sell your business, menu, and self
- We’ll show you how to impress guests and maximize your tips and earnings
- You’ll learn how to use food ordering systems, POS, apps, and other tools
- We’ll teach you basic First Aid and health and safety practices
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the PDF Professional Waiter Certificate. (Already included in price)
You can also get the hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Professional Waiter Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Customer Service That Gets Results
- It’s Your First Day on the Job!
- 10 Tricks for Making a Great Impression
- First Class Professionalism = First Class Tips
- 5 Ways to Convert Customers into Regulars
- How to Charm Your Biggest Critics – Kids
Module 2: A Masterclass in Foodology
- From Agar Agar to Ziti – A Culinary Dictionary of Terms
- Diets, Allergies, and Picky Eaters
- Meats, Cheese, and all the Trimmings
- Pastry and Desserts – the Icing on the Cake!
- A Culinary Trip Around the World
- Easy Wine Pairing For Every Course
- From the Bar: Cocktails and Spirits
- Get Your Brew on With Coffees and Teas
Module 3: Tableside Service to Impress Your Guests
- Safe Food Handling and Sanitation
- Ultimate Guide to Table Setting
- Tools of the Trade – What’s in Your Apron?
- Memory Tricks for Taking Orders
- 7 Foolproof Ways to Upsell Your Menu
- Impeccable Food and Beverage Service
Module 4: Tips for Making Tips – Control YOUR Paycheck
- “Good” Service vs. “Great” Service
- 20 Key Things That Impress Every Customer
- Cashing in on Your Personality and Flair
- How to Turn Difficult Customers into Satisfied Guests
- Smart Strategies for Worst Case Scenarios
- The Perks of Working Weddings and Special Occasions
- Ultimate Service Checklist - Boost Tips by 20%!
Module 5: Behind The Scenes in The Restaurant Biz
- Get The Hang of Food Ordering Systems and Apps
- Back to Basics with Traditional Order Systems
- Using POS Systems and Processing Transactions
- Work Your Look: Personal Style and Grooming
- Teamwork on the Floor and in the Kitchen
- Multitasking Under Pressure – Keep Calm and Waiter On!
- Safety First! Dealing with Choking, Burns, and Other Emergencies
Who is this course for?
- Anyone just starting out in the restaurant or service industry
- Experienced waiters who want a boost in their performance, career, or tips
- Job seekers who are applying to restaurants, bars, hotels, and cafes
- Recently hired waiters who want to prepare for their first shift
- Baristas, bartenders, hostesses, and anyone in the hospitality industry who wants to upgrade their skill set
No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After completing this course, you could:
- Get a job waiting tables, starting your career in the hospitality industry
- Be a better server
- Impress your bosses with your newfound skills and abilities, earning a promotion or a raise
- Increase your tips
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Devanshu Bhardwaj asked:
What is the procedure of Examination?? It's with Multiple Choice questions Or Only Assignments Base ????
Hi Devanshu, Thank you for your query. After each module of your "Professional Waiter Diploma" course, there is a short exam that includes multiple-choice questions. The final grade of your course will be the average of all the modules. Kaoutar - IOA TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.