Add to basket or enquire
The receptionist is the face of the organisation and is therefore responsible for making an excellent first impression with guests and business partners who attend an organisation’s premises. Adopting a professional approach to this role will not only benefit your organisation but you personally.
By attending this professional receptionist course you will learn the following skills:
- How to establish the needs of a visitor
- How to organise and manage the reception area
- Handling telephone callers and face to face visitors simultaneously
- Prioritising administrative duties
- Using voice, tone and language to build trust, credibility and confidence
- Using body language and facial expressions to create the right impression
- Active listening and effective questioning
- Keeping calm when dealing with challenging individuals
- Managing visitor expectations
- Delivering bad news constructively
Key points about Hamilton Mercer’s scheduled courses:
- Attendance on this course is limited to a maximum of eight learners, so you can be sure of receiving personal attention and opportunities to work one-to-one with the trainer
- Attendees complete a Pre-Course Questionnaire prior to attending the course, so we can identify your unique learning needs and provide you with a highly personalised experience
- You will complete a Personal Development Plan during the course to map your progress and help embed your new skills
- You will be awarded a certificate of training on completion of the day
Who is this course for?
- New receptionists who want to learn essential skills
- Experienced receptionists who want to refresh and update their skills
- People who provide temporary cover to receptionists in their organisation
- People seeking new opportunities in reception-based roles
To gain maximum benefit from this receptionist course you will be asked to complete and return to us a Pre-Course Questionnaire. This will allow us to find out more about you, such as your learning needs and preferences. This will help us to deliver a more personalised learning experience for you.
The knowledge you will gain on this professional receptionist course will help you to:
- Succeed in reception-based roles
- Adapt to the evolving role of the receptionist in the modern workplace
- Transfer to a receptionist role from a non-receptionist role
- Stand out from the competition when applying for a new job
Questions and answers
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.