This course is specifically designed for people with little or no previous experience who would like to start a new career as a fully qualified electrician and gain recognised UK qualifications.
This course is split into 3 key areas: Practical training (at a training centre close to you), Theory (within a class-room environment) & Home- Study. This course is divided into sections to help you absorb the theory you need with ease - designed to present the content in a logical sequence so you can build your knowledge and skills progressively. Each training centre is accredited and staffed by expert tutors with many years’ industry experience.
- Fully equipped state of the art training centres with workshop and classroom facilities
- NVQ on site: Rapid NVQ certification – convert your technical certification to a full NVQ in 3 weeks
- Continue in your current job and earn money until you are ready to start work in your new career
- Learn at your own pace and take breaks between modules as and when you require
- Access to expert tutors to help with any queries, both at the centre when you do your practical workshops, and by phone, email and dedicated intranet
Run in the following locations
- Stoke on Trent
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Milton Keynes
This course can take you from a complete beginner to a fully qualified full scope electrician.
The objective of this course is for you to become fully qualified and equipped with the knowledge, skills and competency that meet the real world’s demands.
Successful completion of a Full Scope Electrician course leads to industry recognised qualifications. The class based training, examinations and assessments for this course are conducted by an external training organisation which holds the accreditation to carry out the qualifications.
The theory and practical training lead to:
- City & Guilds 2357 Level 3 Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment knowledge units:
- Unit 2 – Environmental legislation, working practices and environmental technology systems
- Unit 7 – Inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Unit 8 – Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Unit 9 – Electrical principles associated with the design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
- City & Guilds 2392 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification
- City & Guilds 2394 & 2395 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification of Electrical Installations
Throughout the training you will learn a range of practical skills, all backed up by a requisite underpinning knowledge and hands on experience in one of the state of the art training centres with full tutor support. Training allows you to experience real-life problems in a variety of scenarios by using fully interactive 3D virtual reality simulation software – a powerful tool where you can apply theory you have learnt and practise to enhance and reinforce your practical skills.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to work, legally and safely, as a qualified full scope electrician, either in your own business or for a company.
Your next step to move up will be achieving an NVQ qualification, which cannot be achieved at a training centre or without any underpinning knowledge. Our recommended training providers offering this course run their own construction projects which presents a unique opportunity for you to achieve an NVQ with them in a reasonably short period of time.
Minimum age requirement is from 19 years.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to start a new career as an electrician.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.