UX Design Institute
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Become a Certified User Experience Professional
Build a career in UX with the world’s only university credit-rated online UX course. Acquire the mindset, the skills and the confidence that make UX designers so valuable. A rewarding and meaningful career awaits.
Why become a UX designer?
- Be in demand
UX is a high-growth sector. The demand for UX designers far outstrips the supply of qualified professionals.
- Get well paid
UX designers are highly paid. The average entry-level salary for a UX designer in the United Kingdom is £35,465 (PayScale, 2019)
- Love your job
UX designers make an impact. They solve real-world problems using an exciting mix of research, design, technology and psychology.
- Duration: 6 months
Get certified in six months following a flexible, structured learning path.
- Delivery: Online
The course is delivered entirely online, including video modules, mentor-led webinars and support.
- Assessment: 2-hour exam
Before getting certified, you'll be assessed during a two-hour exam taken online.
Outcomes for you
- Think like a UX designer; adopt the mindset that sets them apart
- Showcase your knowledge with a portfolio of project work
- Speak with the confidence that comes from a true, deep understanding of UX
- Advance your career with job-ready skills
- Complete a university credit-rated course, valued by employers globally
- Become a Certified UX Professional
Learn with us
We’ve worked hard to design the best possible online learning experience for you. As well as an unmatched syllabus, our approach includes:
- Projects & portfolio
Learn by doing with a series of real-world projects ideal for your UX portfolio.
- Mentors & webinars
Be guided by our hand-picked, world-class mentors during monthly webinars.
- Structure & support
Stay motivated with a structured programme supported by fellow students and our customer success team.
What you’ll learn
We’ve put together a university credit-rated curriculum that’s deep, rigorous and
covers everything you need to know to become a certified UX professional and
turbocharge your career.
- Module 01 - Introduction to UX design
- Module 02 - User research
- Module 03 - User goals
- Module 04 - Structure and navigation
- Module 05 - Interactions
- Module 06 - Design principles
- Module 07 - Design patterns
- Module 08 - Mobile
- Module 09 - Workflows
- Module 10 - Prototyping and wireframing
- Projects and portfolio - Projects that build into a portfolio
- Exam - 2-hour final exam
You don’t need experience in design or technology to enrol in our courses, although having one or both is a definite bonus. Our students come from a diverse array of backgrounds, including project management, development, graphic design, product management, business analysis and so on.
You do need to be motivated and committed. We set a high bar. Studying for one of our professional qualifications requires a certain amount of time, energy and focus. Our team will be there to support you along every step of the way but success will come as a result of your own diligence.
- The average salary for entry level user experience designers is £28,000
- The average salary for user experience designers with 1-5 years experience ranges from £29,000 to £50,000
- The average salary for user experience managers/leads is £80,000
Information from LinkedIn Salary Reports, based on real jobs listings.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review