UX Design Institute
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Become a Certified User Experience Professional
Build a career in UX with the world’s only university credit-rated online UX course. Acquire the mindset, the skills and the confidence that make UX designers so valuable. A rewarding and meaningful career awaits.
Why become a UX designer?
- Be in demand
UX is a high-growth sector. The demand for UX designers far outstrips the supply of qualified professionals.
- Get well paid
UX designers are highly paid. The average entry-level salary for a UX designer in the United Kingdom is £35,465 (PayScale, 2019)
- Love your job
UX designers make an impact. They solve real-world problems using an exciting mix of research, design, technology and psychology.
- Duration: 6 months
Get certified in six months following a flexible, structured learning path.
- Delivery: Online
The course is delivered entirely online, including video modules, mentor-led webinars and support.
- Assessment: 2-hour exam
Before getting certified, you'll be assessed during a two-hour exam taken online.
Outcomes for you
- Think like a UX designer; adopt the mindset that sets them apart
- Showcase your knowledge with a portfolio of project work
- Speak with the confidence that comes from a true, deep understanding of UX
- Advance your career with job-ready skills
- Complete a university credit-rated course, valued by employers globally
- Become a Certified UX Professional
Learn with us
We’ve worked hard to design the best possible online learning experience for you. As well as an unmatched syllabus, our approach includes:
- Projects & portfolio
Learn by doing with a series of real-world projects ideal for your UX portfolio.
- Mentors & webinars
Be guided by our hand-picked, world-class mentors during monthly webinars.
- Structure & support
Stay motivated with a structured programme supported by fellow students and our customer success team.
What you’ll learn
We’ve put together a university credit-rated curriculum that’s deep, rigorous and
covers everything you need to know to become a certified UX professional and
turbocharge your career.
- Module 01 - Introduction to UX design
- Module 02 - User research
- Module 03 - User goals
- Module 04 - Structure and navigation
- Module 05 - Interactions
- Module 06 - Design principles
- Module 07 - Design patterns
- Module 08 - Mobile
- Module 09 - Workflows
- Module 10 - Prototyping and wireframing
- Projects and portfolio - Projects that build into a portfolio
- Exam - 2-hour final exam
You don’t need experience in design or technology to enrol in our courses, although having one or both is a definite bonus. Our students come from a diverse array of backgrounds, including project management, development, graphic design, product management, business analysis and so on.
You do need to be motivated and committed. We set a high bar. Studying for one of our professional qualifications requires a certain amount of time, energy and focus. Our team will be there to support you along every step of the way but success will come as a result of your own diligence.
- The average salary for entry level user experience designers is £28,000
- The average salary for user experience designers with 1-5 years experience ranges from £29,000 to £50,000
- The average salary for user experience managers/leads is £80,000
Information from LinkedIn Salary Reports, based on real jobs listings.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this provider. Be the first to leave a review.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.