This nail technician course focuses on the application of acrylic nails. Acrylic nails have been a staple in the beauty industry for years, and this staying power has contributed to their on-going popularity.
Acrylics are applied using a liquid monomer and a powder polymer to create a hard protective layer over the natural nails. Acrylics only harden when exposed to air." When the acrylic hardens, it provides a perfect canvas for applying nail colour.
Generally acrylic nails will last 2-3 weeks; thereafter they will require some maintenance and infill procedures to be carried out to keep them looking natural and groomed.
Our Professional Acrylic Nail Technician course will teach you all the techniques you require to be able to carry out these treatments.
If you have a creative mind and a passion for nail art, then you will enjoy diving into the flourishing nail industry.
Whether you are a beginner, want to brush up your current skills or simply want to boost your career with a recognised Diploma, our course is a wonderful learning opportunity.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course is designed to give you complete training in becoming a successful nail technician and to secure professional indemnity insurance to practice professionally, either from home, as a mobile service, or in a nail bar or salon.
- Understand the importance of Health & Safety when working with enhancements. Recognise the difference between sterilisation and disinfection
- Understand what qualities / attitude makes a successful professional nail technician, and why appearance and behaviour are important factors. Recognise the difference between codes of practice and ethics
- Understand the basic anatomy of the hand and wrist and discover the main function and structure of the skin and nail
- Understand nail shapes, recognise untreatable nails and skin disorders
- Discover the benefits of manicure
- Learn how to perform a consultation for a manicure and Identify how to set up a work station and what equipment and tools are required
- Explain the need for customising a tip and how to apply and blend a tip
- Understand the importance of minimising waste
- Understand the chemistry of Acrylic and powder and how the stages work
- Identifying when a client will need infill’s and the procedure required for maintenance
- Understand the Infill procedure
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Improve your employability by adding this diploma to your skillset.
- Pamper your friends and family with your newfound skills.
- There are many additional courses that you can study to expand your portfolio in the beauty field.
- You can save money by doing your own nails.
- As a nail technician, you will have a choice of where you want to work, even a cruise ship.
- Meet different types of people.
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
Our course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn Anywhere, Anytime!
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.