Add to basket or enquire
Product Development and Product Life Cycle
The cycle of product development, refinement and retirement is ongoing. No organisation has ever produced a product that’s truly flawless or timeless. Improvements can and should be made on a continuous basis, in order to remain relevant and stay one step ahead of the competition. If your own products aren’t consistently improving and developing over time, those offered by your rivals will. Designing, developing and delivering successful products is all about isolating and capitalising on gaps in the market. Finding something that isn’t already being done, or doing something better. The better your understanding of the product life cycle, the easier it becomes to both gain an edge and hold onto it.
This advanced tutorial has been designed for business managers, entrepreneurs and anyone involved in product development or marketing. Explore the value of product innovation, new product development and generating the kinds of ideas that start extraordinary success stories. Study idea vetting, product development and marketing, strategy development, market testing, common reasons for product failure, the maturity stage and a full breakdown of the product life cycle.
- Explain the meaning and importance of product innovation
- Describe the new product development process
- Explain the concept and stages of product life cycle
- Value of Product Innovation
- New Product Development
- Generating an Idea
- Idea Vetting
- Product Development and Marketing Strategy Development
- Market Testing
- Reasons for Product Failure
- Product Life Cycle (PLC)
- The Maturity Stage
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- Business managers and entrepreneurs with desire to improve their abilities
- People working in PR, advertising and sales departments
- Anyone considering to start their own business
- Individuals looking to enhance their CVs
- Existing marketing professionals looking to develop their CPD
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
*Note: This CPD Unit is offered on special discounted price on REED only and does not include awarding body accreditation charges. At the end of the unit, learner can claim CPD Accredited certificate by paying £35 accreditation fee and postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK).
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.