Discover the role procurement plays in daily business operations and how to successfully manage procurement to continually reduce costs while delivering value through an innovative, business-driven, agile approach.
The Procurement Management Training course addresses the role that procurement management plays and the value it has in the business world. Procurement is how businesses get the materials they need in their daily operations and to produce their own products and goods. As with any core business component, procurement needs to be managed to ensure it runs smoothly and the correct procedures are in place. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the procurement process, how to manage the final aspects of procurement and the ethical and social responsibility implications involved in effectively managing procurement.
Highlights of The Procurement Management Training:
- Understand the types of procurement and learn about a procurement process
- Familiarise with the stages of the procurement lifecycle and the procurement activity
- Learn how to identify needs and analyse the market to approach the market and select supplier
- Familiarise with the procurement scope and development
- Get a solid understanding of supply chain concept and understand the total acquisition cost and total cost of ownership
- Explore the procurement policies, procedures and support tools
- Familiarise with the supply chain management and the strategic development
- Understand the benefits of contract management and familiarise with the essential elements in a binding contract
- Learn how to match project requirements with market availability
- Understand how to identify the project risks and learn about risk management and closure planning
Why Choose this Procurement Management Training Course:
- This best ever Procurement Management Training course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Procurement Management Training is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Procurement Management Training course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Procurement Management Training course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Procurement Management Training course is designed with the following modules:
Procurement Management Training
Module 1: Introduction to Procurement Management
- How Does Procurement Management Works?
- What Is a Procurement Process?
- Types of Procurement
Module 2: The Procurement Lifecycle
- Stages of the procurement lifecycle
- Initiate Project (procurement activity)
- Identify needs & analyse the market
- Specify requirements
- Plan approach to market and evaluation
- Approach market and select supplier
Module 3: Procurement Scope and Development
- The purchasing cycle
- The changing nature of relationships
- Procurement positioning/targeting
- Total acquisition cost and total cost of ownership
- Supply chain concept
Module 4: Procurement Policies, Procedures and Support Tools
- Procurement Policy
- Overarching Objectives
- CRL Key Policy Principles
- General Procurement Key Policy Principles
Module 5: Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Levels of strategy
- Category management
- Product life-cycle analysis
- Strategic development
- The supply chain
Module 6: Public Sector Procurement
- Public accountability
- Value for money
- Professionalism in public sector procurement
- Previous emphasis and approach
- Failures of the ‘old’ approach
- Smart procurement/acquisition
Module 7: E-Procurement Systems
- Successful e-procurement
Module 8: Contract Management and Performance Measurement
- Essential elements in a binding contract
- Privity of the contract
- Model form contracts
- Contract management
- Benefits of contract management
Module 9: Procurement Categories
- Understanding the anatomy of the project "procured" work
- Generic categories
Module 10: Planning for the Procurement of Project
- Defining Project Scope
- Matching Project Requirements with Market Availability
Module 11: Project Procurement Risks
- What is Risk Management
- The Identification of Project Risks
- The Assessment of Project Risks
- Risk Management and Closure Planning
How is the Procurement Management Training course assessed?
To successfully complete the Procurement Management Training course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful course completion, you will qualify for a CPD certificate from One Education as proof of your new skills. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Procurement Management Training course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Procurement Management Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This Procurement Management Training is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this Procurement Management Training is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire Procurement Management Training skills that are necessary.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.