With our Private Investigator Course, you’ll develop the legal and professional knowledge and skills to become an effective private investigator.
The Private Investigator course covers different aspects of the courts and the legal system, practices of civil and criminal case investigations, various investigative specialities and the latest industry trends. Throughout this Private Investigator course,you will also learn skills such as how to locate people using open sources of information and conduct investigations, as well as develop your knowledge of constitutional law application, background checks and current investigative practices. You will come to understand the techniques and methodology to plan and carry out covert and overt operations.
Completing this Private Investigator course will not only give you a free digital certificate, but it will also help you succeed in a career as a private investigator, or incorporate and private security.
To make this Private Investigator course more accessible for you, we have designed it for both part-time and full-time students. The content of this Private Investigator course is packed into the bite-sized module for your convenience, meaning you can study at your own pace or become accredited in no time, and our experienced tutors are always available to help with any queries you may have.
The primary learning objectives of the Private Investigator Course are to:
- Provide a thorough introduction to becoming a professional private investigator.
- Train you on how to perform background checks.
- Give insights into how to catch a cheating spouse and confirm infidelity.
- Train you on how to suspect and gather intelligence.
- Help you understand how to find facts and analyse information about legal, financial, and personal matters.
- Develop your understanding of identities and privacy protection.
- Explain the legal and professional knowledge and skills needed to become a capable private investigator.
- Guide you on becoming an expert in securing evidence and exploring hidden assets.
- Help you familiarise with strategies to locate a missing person.
- Provide a complete overview of the steps to conduct a theft investigation.
- Explain the potential health risks of dumpster diving.
- Demonstrate the uses of private eye equipment for researching the facts in a case, such as mini cameras, GPS trackers, pen recorders, etc.
- Earn a Private Investigator certification that will fast-track your career as a private detective or investigator, helping you to achieve a higher income and better employment opportunities.
What will you learn in this Private Investigator Course:
Introduction to Private Investigator
- Roles and Duties
- PI’s Around the World
- History of Private Investigation
Covering Your Tracks
- Are the Consequences Worth It?
- Screw the Risk
- Look For Red Flags
- Therapy Appointments
- Behave Normally
- Put Nothing in Writing
- Make Untraceable Phone Contact
- Make Untraceable E-mail Contact
- Damage Control If You Get Caught
- Useful Additional Information
- Get the Address from a License Plate
- Get the Address from a Phone Number
- Use a Reverse Telephone Directory
- Trick the Subject
- Begin the Search Online
- Online Commercial Public Record Finders
- Accessing Public Records in Person
- Stop Three: Local Law Enforcement
Identity and Privacy Protection
- Eliminate Spyware on Your Hard Drive
- Protect Your Data from Other People
- Switch Internet Access to a Network
Discovering Hidden Assets
- Grab the Loot Yourself
- How a PI Can Help
- How You Can Help Your PI
- Prepare Your Own Intelligence Report
- Gather Basic Information
- Find the Address
- Interview Yourself: Answer Questions a Private Eye Would Ask
- Find the Loose Cash
Cover Your Assets
- Request a Rent Check from the Landlord
- The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Filing
- Preempt and Assault on your Assets
- Take Action Before any Legal Action
- Dispose of Your Trash Properly
- Convert All Assets into Cash
- Personal Home and Property
- A Rental Storage Facility
- To protect your assets fade from sight
- An Account Under a Defunct Domestic Corporation
The Art of Surveillance
- Select the Most Logical Mode for Surveillance
- Shadowing a Mark from the Same Address
- Shadowing a Mark with Whom You Don’t Live
- Case the Fixed Surveillance Location
- Con? rm the Car Is in Working Order
- Prepare Your Pretexts or Excuses
- Old Neighborhood Pretext
Shaking a Tail
- Make a U-turn
- Head for a Dead End
- For Sale Sign
- Collect Evidence of a Tail
- Call Local Law Enforcement
- Evasive Measures Traveling by Car
- Vary Your Routine
- Entering a Multistory Building
Finding Missing Persons
- Follow the Paper Trail
- Wildcard Searching
- Web Searching
- Finding a Runaway
- Thievery Investigation Facts
- Larceny Investigation
- What is a Larceny Investigation?
- Larceny Investigation Information
- Larceny Investigation and Private Eyes
- Robbery Investigation
- Robbery Investigation Detectives
- Gathering Evidence at a Scene
- Document the Discovery of Evidence
- Collect Physical Evidence
- Label Each Piece of Evidence
- Maintain the Chain of Evidence: The Log
Private Eye Equipment
- Video Camera Low-tech
- Still Camera Low-tech
- UNDERCOVER CAMERAS
- The Bino-Camera Combo
- Case the Scene
- Prepare and Execute
- Time to Dive
- What You’ll Find
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate by paying a little processing fee of £2. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
Who is this course for?
Private Investigator Course is suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field.
Our Private Investigator Course is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there wants no specific requirements to attend this Private Investigator course. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc.
This Private Investigator course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with the required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is This a WAPI qualification ?
Hi Panda, Thanks for your query. This course is not WAPI qualification. This is certified by CPD accredited. This is a personal development skills training course. Many thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is the course a video course or module course and exam after every course
Hi Chris, Thanks for your query. This is text based course and at the end of the course there will be mock and final exam. Many thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.