Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Level up your leadership skills. Set your team up for success, master the basics of communication and emerge a calm, collected and considerate leader. From managing tricky stakeholders, to building a culture that promotes excellence – we’ll teach you how to overcome common stumbling blocks for new leaders.
Join 40,000 learners who have upskilled with Strive Training!
- This is a fully-funded course - Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years (eligibility applies)
- Nationally accredited qualification
- Takes on average 5 - 10 weeks
- Engaging online learning
- Learn at your own pace
- Expert 1-to-1 support - Ongoing personal guidance from expert assessors
- Employment support - Benefit from our network of top employers who are looking to hire
- Course Content - download
This qualification will help provide you with the relevant knowledge and understanding required to successfully lead a team. You will develop knowledge around the principles of team leading, and the general workings of a business as well as how important it is for a team leader to be able to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders.
Course Length: On average, this course is completed within 5 – 10 weeks. But the more time you dedicate, the sooner you can complete it. The pace of the learning is up to you.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who is unemployed (and in receipt of benefits) and has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years.
Certified Awarding Body: TQUK
1. Principles of team leading
Within this introductory unit, you will gain an understanding of various leadership styles. You will develop knowledge of team dynamics and the techniques that are essential to effectively manage a team’s workload.
2. Understand business
Here you will increase your understanding of different organisational structures and the business environment. You will develop your knowledge of the principles of business planning and finance within an organisation, as well as business reporting, management responsibilities and accountabilities within and organisation.
3. Understand how to communicate work-related information
Here you will look at the principles and techniques behind work-related communication through both verbal and written forms. You will develop knowledge of a range of documents required for different types of meetings in a business environment.
4. Understand how to manage performance and conflict in the workplace
Within this unit you will develop your knowledge of team performance management through benchmarking, discovering how to manage underperformance within a team and conflict in the workplace.
5. Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
In this unit you will develop an understanding of the standards and expectations of equality and diversity in the workplace, including the potential consequences of failing to comply with the relevant
6. Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
In Unit 6 you will look in detail about the principles of effective teamwork and how to be a ‘buddy’. This unit also covers the benefits of effective team working, how to give feedback constructively and the techniques that may be used to resolve team conflict.
7. Understand health and safety procedures in the workplace
Within this unit you will look at the main health and safety responsibilities and laws affecting the workplace. You will look at employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to health and safety, as well as the support that is available for employees.
8. Understand how to develop and deliver a presentation
In the final unit, you will look at the development and delivery of presentations. You will discover the advantages and limitations of various forms of media, look at the factors affecting contingency plans and consider different ways to evaluate presentations.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone who currently or plans to manage a team. Being able to effectively manage a team is critical in the job market, where employee productivity and team outcomes are closely monitored.
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- Are unemployed in receipt of benefit (Subject to eligibility)
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification
- Access to PC/laptop
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 hours of learning per day
- Customer Service Manager
- Retail Manager
- Team Leader
- Project Manager
- Shift Manager
- Corporate Team Building Consultant
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.