Infero Training Ltd
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This PRINCE2® Foundation Course is fully Accredited PRINCE2 Project Management Training and will prepare the delegates for the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam, included on this course. Our current pass rate for the Foundation exam is 99.5%.
The PRINCE2® Certification is widely regarded as essential for managing projects using PRINCE2.
The training is designed to give you a thorough understanding of PRINCE2; you will learn about the PRINCE2 approach to projects – its principles, themes, processes, and techniques. Furthermore, the training builds on your knowledge of PRINCE2, by showing you how to apply the method to the various styles of exam questions. You will be well prepared to pass the Foundation exam during the course.
PRINCE2 is a method for managing projects, there is no hardware or software (apart from supporting tools), just a best practice approach to running projects in a consistent and referenceable framework. PRINCE2 is flexible, adaptable and as much as a Project method can be, friendly. It may be similar to what you currently use, but what it does best is pull together common names and descriptions into a structure that anyone familiar with PRINCE2 can understand, regardless of background and Industry.
PRINCE2 can be applied to all sorts of projects, from the very small to the very large. Even projects lasting only a few days will benefit from selective application of PRINCE2 guidelines. The key to success with PRINCE2® is to remember it is highly configurable, and so can be adapted for all project types regardless of industry and marketplace.
PRINCE2® Foundation exam is a 1 hour multiple choice closed book exam containing 60 questions and will be taken on the 3rd day of the course. You must score a minimum of 35 correct answers to pass the examination. Our current pass rate is 99.5%.
- What things do we need to manage?
- Characteristics of a project
- Benefits of using PRINCE2
- Project life cycle
The 7 PRINCE2 principles
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles & responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
Overview of the 7 PRINCE2 processes and how they are used throughout the project:
- Starting Up a Project - define the project; create an outline business case
- Initiating a Project - identify the products to be produced; plan the project
- Directing a Project - authorize project & stage plans; decide how to deal with issues
- Controlling a Stage - project manager’s day to day activities to manage a stage
- Managing Product Delivery - products are developed and quality is reviewed
- Managing Stage Boundaries - create all stage and exception plans
- Closing a Project - formal customer sign off; hand over of completed products
Each of the 7 PRINCE2 themes and how/where they are used in the PRINCE2 processes:
- Business Case - develop a Business Case to drive the project decision-making
- Organization - establish an effective project organization structure
- Plans - identify products to be developed and the required activities and resources
- Progress - decision making, communication and control mechanisms
- Risk - identify risks, put in place measures to minimize negative (or positive) effects
- Quality - define and plan how quality will be managed through the project
- Change - capture and manage all requested changes
- Product based planning technique
- Quality Review technique
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognise, understand and adopt the proven good project management practice embodied in PRINCE2
- Gain the best possible preparation for taking the Foundation examination
- Understand how the PRINCE2 process model fits together
- Understand the context and main function of each process
- Understand the main ideas underlying each theme
- Understand the uses of each theme and the techniques described in PRINCE2
Who is this course for?
Project Managers, Team Leaders and Managers, Project Assurance and Project Support roles working in a PRINCE2 environment and those intending to play a role in a project conducted in accordance with PRINCE2 or advise an organisation on implementing PRINCE2. Guidance is available from our Project Specialists for those uncertain about attending this programme as their first interface with project management.
Some experience of working in a project management environment, or at least a good understanding of the principles and uses of project management.
Project Management and other related career paths.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.