Add to basket or enquire
The aim of this training is to provide delegates with a fundamental understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method, and help delegates to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination at the end of this course.
The course follows the 2017 syllabus issued by AXELOS, which focuses on the PRINCE2 framework and how this might be applied pragmatically to real projects. PRINCE2 has established itself as the premier approach to managing projects. PRINCE2 is generic – capable of being applied to any kind of project – tailorable and business-driven. Organisations that have adopted the PRINCE2 have claimed that they have been able to achieve greater customer satisfaction during and at the end of projects, to reduce costs and to realise greater benefit from project deliverables.
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team manager Project assurance
- Project support
- Supplier relationships
- Purpose and importance
- Components and levels of plan
- Planning techniques
- Product based planning
- The steps in planning.
- Work package authorisation
- Stage assessments
- Establish project & stage tolerance
- Checkpoints & highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project issues
- Project reporting
- Understanding risk
- Risk management Procedure
- The risk register
- Understanding quality
- Quality planning
- Product descriptions
- Quality control and quality review
- Change control procedure
- Authority levels
- Analysing change
- Starting up and Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2 in practice
- Tailoring PRINCE2 for different business environments including Agile
- Scaling PRINCE2 for use with projects of different type and/or size
- Implementing PRINCE2 in an organisation
- Project documentation
At the end of this course delegates will be able to;
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2 meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2 process model
- Prepare project plans using product based planning techniques and undertake risk analysis and management for the project
- Prepare information for inclusion in a Project Initiation Document
- Understand techniques for planning, management of product development, quality control & change control
- Take the PRINCE2 Foundation examination paper.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
This program is also ideal for anyone intending to become a PRINCE2 Consultant or PRINCE2 Trainer.The PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Course taken on its own is designed for those who are not necessarily aspiring for professional level knowledge but who nevertheless require a sufficient understanding of this project management methodology – such as people working on projects, people initiating projects, business representatives, team leaders, those with an interest in project management or who are considering moving into that field.
If you take the Foundation module on its own you may at a later date take the Practitioner module and complete the full program.
There is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to the delegates to have some understanding of project management.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.